He had talked to his father yesterday itself and had asked Dev to break the engagement between him and Nupur. However, his father had only asked him to hold the thought and that he was coming today to talk to him about it.

A knock resounded in his office.

"Come in." He said aloud.

Cautiously, Shankar entered the room and searched for Viraj. He was sitting like a king in his chair at the centre of the room.

"Mr Bohra. Please, come in." Viraj greeted Sneha's father.

As soon as Shankar sat on the guest's chair, he spoke.

"Mr Khatri...my daughter...told me about what you did in Goa." He came straight to the point while making sure to keep his tone and words in check.

And, Viraj was aware of his fear.

Viraj nodded and spoke.

"Yes. And, I am ready to take responsibility for my actions, Mr Bohra. I will come straight to the point as it will save our time. I like your daughter and I want to marry her." He stated as a fact.

Shankar's face stiffened as he heard Viraj.

"It is my honour, Mr Khatri. But, I have promised her to someone else already." He said slowly and carefully.

Viraj's brows raised as he stared at Sneha's father.

"What?" He asked painfully slow, as he was unaware of this information.

At that moment, Viraj's PA arrived with two cups of coffee. She professionally placed the cups in front of both of them and left.

"Yes. My daughter is getting married. So, please, understand. I have given my word and all the preparations are done. The date is finalized and the cards are printed." Shankar said.

Viraj's fist tightened in anger and jealousy. However, he maintained a calm composure and didn't let anything show upon his face.

"Who is he?" He asked patiently, even though from the interior he was burning.

He felt cheated!

Shankar hesitated before replying.

"He is my friend's relative and a very good boy. I am sure you will get many girls of your liking...better than my daughter, Mr Khatri." Shankar said politely.

Viraj only stared....glared at Sneha's father. The only reason why he was not unloading his gun in this man's skull was because of his relationship with Sneha. He was her father and he won't kill him.

Viraj picked up a pen from the table and started tapping its head on the table slowly.

"So, the date has been fixed." He asked.

"Yes." Shankar replied.

"When is it? The marriage?" He asked.

"June 30."

"That's a long time, isn't it? If he is a good boy, why not get your daughter married sooner?" He asked curiously.

Shankar hesitated to answer. He wondered why Viraj was asking these questions.

"Uhh...Sneha wants to finish her studies first." Shankar said.

Viraj nodded firmly.

"What about the engagement?" Viraj asked because he had not seen Sneha wearing any ring.

"It will be on 10th March...after Holi." Shankar replied.

"You have printed the cards already?" Viraj queried.

"Yes. For the engagement."

Viraj nodded.

"What does he do?" He asked referring to Sneha's fiance.

"He is a government employee."

"Alright, Mr Bohra. As long as Sneha is betrothed to someone else, I understand that I shouldn't interfere in her life." Viraj announced after giving the situation a thought.

Shankar released a satisfied breath.

"Thank you, Mr Khatri!" Shankar said with a huge smile as he had not thought that Viraj would agree to this so easily. Viraj wanted to scoff.

'Does he really think I am backing off?' He thought.

However, on the exterior, Viraj flashed a smile as well.

"Of course, Mr Bohra."

"I should go now." Shankar said.

"At least have some coffee." Viraj pointed at the cup of untouched coffee.

"I am so sorry, Mr Khatri. I am diabetic."

"Green tea perhaps?" Viraj asked, trying to woo his soon-to-be father-in-law.

"No, no, sir. I should really go to my office now. Thank you so much for your time. I am forever in the debt of you." Shankar said cheesily.

Viraj chuckled at the choice of words. In a way, he was right too. His Sneha was with Shankar right now.

As soon as Shankar left the office, Viraj threw the pen across the room in anger.

"You are so going to pay for hiding everything from me, Sneha." He swore and called one of his men in the underworld.

"I want you to find out who Sneha is engaged to. I am sending her photograph and her phone number to you. The work must be done in an hour." He commanded his man and cancelled the call.

As soon as he hung up the call and sent the details, the door to his office opened again.

He already knew who the newcomer was. Only one person had the audacity to enter his office without knocking.

"Son." Dev greeted as he entered the office.

.

.

.

(Hey all!

So, do you think Viraj would be able to convince his father?

And, what about Shashank?

The spoiler of the next chapter will be uploaded on Instagram. (Since the account is made private for some reason, I'll accept the follow requests as soon as I see them.)

)