2 Xiao's..?

Chapter 10

^Xiao's POV^

When I took off the bus, I already saw Aether on his phone, waiting for me. When he saw me walking into him, he waved excitingly. "Hey Iao! Want to come in now?" Aether asked me gently. I nodded and went inside the cafe with Aether. A waitress rushed to us and asked "Hello! Welcome to the Starsnatch cafe! A seat for 2?" Aether nodded and smiled bright. The waitress lead us to a table and gave us the menu cards. Then she left and took out other orders.

I slide my finger on the words, trying to decide on what dessert or drink I should order. "Do you have anything?" Aether came close to me and looked at my page. I blushed a bit but twitched. "I don't know. You pick one for me." I said. I hope he doesn't pick anything gross. "Oh alright! Is a chocolate dot cheesecake with lemon ice tea alright for you?" He distance himself from me and looked at his card. I nodded and looked around the cafe. There were bright sky blue lights around the cafe. And 2 big windows in front of them. The tables and chairs were also cherry pink and has a cute pattern on them. The walls were decorated with other particular patterns and brownie brown swirls.

After 5 mins, the waitress walked towards us and asked what we ordered. " oh! I'd like a strawberry cream puff and some cocoa. And for him a chocolate dot cheesecake with lemon ice tea please!" The waitress wrote our orders down and walked away with the orders in her notebook.

"While we're waiting, Iao want to talk about anything? You have the opportunity to!" Aether said. I shrugged cold. "What am I supposed to say?"

"Anything you always wanted to ask." Aether smiled trustfully. I was silent. Sure I love him but how can I trust such as someone, who is annoying? I kept myself quiet. "Huh, so you don't trust me?" Aether looked desperate. "I don't trust you yet. We've only met for 4 weeks." Or was it 5 weeks? Aether closed his eyes. "Fair enough. Want to know my secret?" I didn't answer. Aether came close to my ear and whispered. "I have a crush on someone." It immediately shattered my heart. "... is it Venti?" I slowly asked. "Maybe." Aether grinned. I dropped my head. I loved him.

For the first time in my life I fell inlove . That is what my father said. And now my chances all broke. The person I love, likes Venti. Wasn't it obvious? On his phone it says Ven💚 with a heart on it. Why would I fall inlove with Aether? What was that basketball kiss for? What was sleeping together for? I was heartbroken but of course I didn't express it out. I was just looking down to the floor.

"Why Venti?" I asked. "Huh? I said maybe, is there something wrong? Why are you so down suddenly.." Aether asked worried. "Is it Venti or not?" My voice started to hear more serious. "Ah- why would I tell yo-" "is it him or not?!??" One of my eyes twitched. Aether was shocked to see me like this. "Ok fine! It's not.. just cause I don't want to see you mad." Aether covered his mouth with shame and closed his eyes. But after a few seconds he smiled again. But it wasn't so bright like the other days. "Sorry.." I said. "It's fine, really! I started anyways eh?" Aether blamed himself. I felt guilty for my actions for yelling at him. I was about to say sorry again but the waitress came and gave us our orders. I saw the cake that Aether preferred chocolate brown. It is along drizzled with white chocolate syrup and also cereal covered chocolate. The lemon ice tea looked freshly squeezed and extra sweet. We payed 300 Mora and started enjoying our meal.

20mins later after talking and eating, we finally get to leave the cafe. But I still haven't finished my drink and had it on my hand while we want to walk home together. "Can I have a taste of your lemon ice tea?" Aether asked. "B-But I put my mouth in it?" (Sus) I stuttered. Aether shrugged "So? It's not like I will get infected."

You don't get it. It is technically a physical kiss. I became red. "Alright.." I reached him the drink to let him take it and drink it. But he just drank it out of my hand.