Epilogue

RYUJIN

Three years after our last conversation with Yeji's dad, we're already living together in my hometown.

We decided to leave Seoul and have a quiet life in the province.

"You did not buy groceries yet?" Yuna asked.

She's always hanging out at our place almost every week.

"Not yet. Yeji's still busy with her art class. She has one-on-one sessions with the parents for the evaluation," I replied.

Yeji eventually found happiness and passion in art after a three-month break when we moved here since she didn't know what to do. When she's making art, she says she feels healed and at peace. Fortunately, as for me, I found a stable job at a small company near our place when we transferred here.

I supported Yeji with her decision to take an art class and after a while, she applied to be a teacher on a small art class tutor for students here in the province.

Well, our salary may not be as big as it was before, but we were living our life happily together.

I've also seen how happy she is with her job now. I actually observed the difference when she was still working at her father's company and when she was doing her art lessons here.

Particularly, when she goes home from work.

Before, when we were still living in Seoul, I could really feel and see how drained she was and that she was not that happy. 

But here, even when she's tired, I could really tell that she's happy and she enjoys what she was doing.

"You should probably pay half of our expenses too since you're basically here everyday," I told Yuna.

"No, Yeji wants my presence anyway," she shrugged. "And please, I'm giving you enough privacy to do whatever you want when I'm not around."

"It's not enough," I joked. "Oh and stop coming at night, will you?" 

"God, do you have sex everyday?" she asked that made me choke. 

"Idiot," I told her.

"Where's Yeji anyway?"

"On her way home. She had to talk to her students' parents for their monthly evaluation."

"Do you two have plans on getting married?" Yuna suddenly asked.

"We haven't talked about it yet."

"Well, but, basically you're living together and everything," she shrugged. "You, do you want to marry her?"

"Of course," I answered. "It's not like I dated her for experience only. I'm all in for marriage."

"Then ask her already," Yuna said. "You're both in your thirties. It's not like her dad will suddenly walk in and stop whatever you two are doing now."

Mr. Hwang didn't bother us anymore.

Well, maybe a little bit?

He requested to meet with Yeji in order to sign shitty papers stating that she would not be receiving anything from their company. I'm not sure what the context was, but Yeji stated that her father only wants to brag.

But, basically, he wants my girl to be removed in her current position.

And being the brave girl that she was, she signed it and told her dad to stop bothering us already. 

Of course, Yeji longed for her parents. Not literally Mr. and Mrs. Hwang, but she has expressed to me that she also wants to experience the love of her parents that isn't manipulative or to the point where she feels she is being owned.