Chapter 35

(italic means flashback)

RYUJIN

"You should rest." Yuna said. 

I looked at her and gave her a smile. "I'll stay here."

"No. Dad said you should rest first at the room we rented." She countered. 

"I'll stay with mom, Yuna." I said. "Just let me do this. I wasn't with her during her last days. I should at least be a good daughter before we let her go tomorrow."

My mother passed away barely hours after I arrived at the hospital where she was being treated. I was completely unaware that she had previously been confined for a month there. Dad and Yuna said that she refuses to tell me. I understand her reasons why. 

But it left me full of regrets. 

I cried a lot. Especially when we talked for the very last time before she closed her eyes and rest for good. 

"I'm sorry." I told my mom. "I'm late, mom. I'm sorry."

My mom smiled. She was weak, I can see and feel it.

"As long as you're here, it's okay." She said and caressed my face. "My daughter.. Ryujin.."

A tear fell down as she called me. 

"I couldn't even meet your girlfriend." She said. "Does she makes you happy?"

"Yes."

"That's more than enough."

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked and the tears wasn't stopping from falling.

"Will it change a thing?" She said and managed to chuckle weakly. "It's already enough to see you being successful."

"Mom.."

"My first daughter being happy and successful. That's more than enough for me." She said. "Sorry, I couldn't survive any longer."

"No, mom. We'll call the doctors and they will treat you." I said and kissed her hand. "Hold on, hmm?"

She once again smiled weakly. "I want to spend more hours with you but I don't think I couldn't."

"Mom.." I was crying. Yuna and Dad were also holding their tears. 

"I couldn't be the best mother." She said. "I'm sorry."

It wasn't long. 

But I have a lot of regrets. 

I didn't even had the chance to say I love her for the last time. 

"Let's rest first. I'll go with you. Dad will be here." Yuna said. "You look really tired. Please listen to me."

I slowly nodded and tried my best to stand up with all my strength as Yuna assists me. 

Until my phone rang. 

Mr. Hwang

Oh please. 

Not today.