Chapter 02

RYUJIN

Saturday morning.

First morning living with someone I barely knew.

I immediately got out of my room and entered the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face.

Yeji and I agreed last night that I'll be the one to cook our breakfast since she offered to cook last night.

So I woke up early.

After using the bathroom, I instantly went to the kitchen and started cooking.

Nothing special. I just cooked bacon, eggs, and prepared some bread that's good for two people. Until Yeji got out of her room, yawning.

"What time is it?" She asked. Scratching her tummy, eyes closed, on her way to the bathroom.

"It's 8. Let's have breakfast." I said and sat down the table.

"I'll just wash my face." She said, still half asleep.

While waiting for Yeji, I checked my phone to see if there's some messages.

Gladly, there's none.

Sometimes, even if it's weekend, I have to go to work if I'm needed. Luckily, it's not the case today.

"Why are you not eating yet?" I heard Yeji speak. 

"Waited for you. Let's eat."

Well, if I did see it right, I saw her smiling shyly before seating. 

Cute? Cute.

We started eating quietly without a word. I still feel awkward, honestly. Well, we just met yesterday. So I think it's normal to feel it.

I feel like I need to start a conversation with her or something so things won't be awkward.

"Do we have some rules here or something?" I mumbled.

She giggled. "Do you want to set some rules?"

"If you want. I'm new here. You might be uncomfortable with me at times."

"I'm fine. I won't say yes about having a roommate if it's not okay with me." She replied. "But if you want to put some rules to follow, it's fine with me too."

"Hmm, maybe common rules?"

"Well, if it's common, I'm not really comfortable when someone I don't know goes inside here."

"You don't know me at first though?" I joked.

"I do. Now." She laughed. "I'm kidding."

"So what you're saying is no other people around?"

"Not really. Just inform me beforehand if you want to hang out with your friends here or what. But,"

I looked at her and hummed waiting for her to continue.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" She asked that made me choke. "Here, water." She offered. "Sorry for the sudden question."

"It's okay." I said after drinking the water. "Bold of you to assume I'm into guys." I said. "But to answer, no, I don't have."

"Okay." She said. "Was just wondering you might do some things I prefer not saying on your room. Please don't, if ever."

I laughed. "Oh please. I don't even have someone right now."

"Okay. That was just in case."

"Same to you though. Please don't do that kind of business when I'm here."