Chapter 01

RYUJIN

"Are you in your apartment now?"

"Yes, I think so." I answered to my friend, Chaeryeong who's in a phone call with me right now.

The apartment was empty when I unlocked the door, with three sofas, one for two people and the other two for one, a kitchen with some equipment, a bathroom, and two more rooms.

Not really big, but this will do.

Working in the city and living far away from it has been quite difficult for me, so I've decided to rent an apartment close to my office.

The only thing I'm scared of right now is that I have a roommate.

Not that I'm not comfortable with other people around. It's just that I don't know her.

Yes, her. The lady working on the apartment told me I'll be living with a woman. I just don't know if she's a student, or working just like me.

"Your roommate is there?" Chaeryeong asked.

"She's not yet here," I answered. "I'll call you back later, Ryeong. I need to settle down my things."

"Okay. Just call me when you need anything."

With that, we ended our phone call.

I looked around the place and noticed that there's a name at one of the doors of the two rooms.

'Yeji'

Oh, maybe it's the name of my roommate.

I sighed. This will be hard.

Chaeryeong honestly offered her house for me to live in since she's living in the city. But, I rejected it since she's living with her family and it might be a burden for them. I don't want that to happen even though they're like a family to me already.

Living with them is another case. So I refused.

Despite the fact that living with someone you know is preferable to living with a stranger, I declined their offer. If I live with Chaeryeong's family, they may refuse to let me pay anything, which I do not want to happen.

I was so lost with my own thoughts until the door opened.

A woman.

More like an attractive woman.

With cat-like eyes.

I stood up and bowed my head to greet her.

"Hello," I said and gave her a small smile.

She bowed her head as return and sat in front of me. "Hi," She also returned a smile. A small smile too.

"..Yeji? Right?" I asked and it surprised her. "Your name is written on the door of your room."

"Ah, I see." She said and looked at the door of her room. "Your name?"

"Ryujin. Shin Ryujin." I said offered my hand as a greeting that she gladly accepted.

"Nice to meet you." She said. "That will be your room." She said and pointed the other room beside hers.

"I see." This is getting kinda awkward. "So.. yeah. I should settle down my things on my room first."

"Sure," She said. "By any chance, did you eat dinner? I'm preparing dinner and you might want to join."

This can be a way to be closer to her, okay.

"Yeah, sure."

After our introduction to each other, I entered my room. The room was big. Too big for one person. The bed is a queen sized bed and it also has a table in front of it. The side of the bed is a closet and the other side is a window showing the city.