Auction and Chaos

Start from the beginning

Am I to believe the King's guards are men unworthy of my respect?" I looked straight into his eyes. Though I was smaller than him by a few inches, I was absolutely sure he felt like I was actually looking down on him.

"This isn't the time nor place to study someone else's pet. You're being rude, Sebastian." The King's gaze turned harsh after he rebuked him and I backed off.

Well, I guess he's still a King. He at least has that kind of recovery skill.

"M-my apologies..." he said, looking toward Arthur.

I turned my gaze toward him as well, signaling him to give his name. "Arthur. Arthur Leywin," he finished, giving a curt bow.

As he and his wife gave us a small smile, we took our seats in time to hear the clear voice declaring that the auction would start soon.

A slight shiver made me turn back just to see Sebastian, who had taken off his hood, staring intently at Sylvie, who was nestled on Arthur's lap. He noticed it too.

I raised a Sound barrier just as a man came on stage and began announcing the start of the auction.

"He's a dangerous one, Sebastian," I said, looking at the stage.

"What does he want with Sylvie? What did he mean by Equals Contract?" He asked, confused and just a bit angry after seeing Sebastian and witnessing his gawking at Sylvie.

"You see, the thing is, an infant mana beast can't be bonded with unless it's above A-class. To top it off, it's an Equals Contract as an infant, which tells him she's a mana beast well exceeding AA-class. You normally can't bond with infant mana beasts, let alone form an Equals Contract. You've drawn attention to yourself."

"Shit. He's probably gonna try and take her, huh."

"Oh, yeah. I give it 'till the latter half of the auction. That's when he'll try pounce, when she's alone and cornered. It's not gonna work because you'll release your killing intent causing me to have to block it out with mine. This means he'll ask for it as a reward from the King. I know how this plays out, because it's just that easy to figure out."

"Bastard. I wanna kill him." I could feel his mana flaring.

"Ah, ah," I raised my finger, lightly suppressing his flaring mana. "No killing. I know it makes you angry, but I don't want my father to deal with an injured King's guard and likely more. Not to mention, I know damn well you'd release your killing intent the moment you see it happen, so now I have to make it so I did it.

Priscilla's definitely noticed I'm a mage by now, but I don't know about Blaine, though. He's even weaker than her, with a mere Solid Red core."

"Seriously? You guys call him a King? I could kick his ass ten different ways."

I sighed deeply. "Yep. I have to be respectful to possibly the weakest King in Human history. In any case, how goes on the sword? See anything you like?"

"How'd you know?"

"I'm not so dumb as to assume you'll go Adventuring with me for a year and then alone for two without a sword of some sort. You don't rely on magic that much.

I know you asked my father for a hooded cloak, a mask with voice changing capabilities and a sword of your choosing.

I must say, you won't find anything of interest here, I'll tell you that much. But maybe I can help you later and get you a sword from storage."

"Deal. I think I'll find something better than whatever's down there.

In any case, I'm not too sure whether inviting the royal family was a good idea."