21c* Rose-Colored Glasses

Start from the beginning

I missed that.

I've missed her.

"Hey," I called her attention when I got to her and when she turned to me, brows raised questioningly, I tried to ignore the spike in my heartbeats, tried to ignore how clammy my hands become, tried to ignore how it seemed like my lungs were suddenly devoid of air, tried to ignore how everything but her face seemed to fade to the back of my mind.

How... God! This was terrible.

She didn't say anything at first, she just kept staring at me as if she was trying to study me or something before she finally cleared her throat and she muttered a 'Hi' that was so quiet that I wouldn't have heard it if I wasn't following the movement of her lips.

I leaned against the bar table because there was only one seat there and she was already sitting on it and I looked around, trying to look for something to distract myself from openly gawking at her but the only place I could look at was a mirrored wall that was showing her reflection in its full glory.

Good! Totally good.

"What are you doing here?" I finally found my voice after what seemed like eternity ty and she shrugged.

"I needed a break from the party." She replied casually as if that was supposed to make any sense.

"You needed a break from the party? You needed a break from a party?" I asked her, my tone incredulous because the Dunni I know wasn't capable of needing a break from a party. Partying was in her blood. It was something she couldn't do without.

"Hmm hmm," She replied, her intonation meaning yes and her voice sounding slightly annoyed and it made me arch my brows questioningly, "In case you haven't noticed, I can do without partying."

What? "No," I was quick to defend myself, "I don't mean it that way at all."

But she wasn't even paying attention to me at all. She had busied herself with casually lifting the glass to her lips as if she had all the time in the world to do that and as she took a sip, I kept watching her, utterly fascinated by the movement of her throat.

We both remained quiet and everywhere would have been peacefully quiet if not for the loud music and the screams and shouts of the people at the pool and I found myself looking up at her face again.

Her perfectly flawless face was now distinctly highlighted by the lights that were lighting up this side of the bar. The lights were in different colors and they highlighted her face and hair with different colors, making her hair and face look aesthetically pretty with the shades of red, blue, and yellow.

She was pretty. So pretty that I could look at her all day.

And her hair, the long jet-black hair was making my hands itch with a burning desire to run through it, to feel the silkiness and I started to do just that until...

"Why did you allow us to break up?" She asked, her voice sounding genuinely curious the question knocked the breath out of me and it made me peer intently at the bottle of wine she was drinking to read the label. It was just a fruit wine without alcohol.

She wasn't drunk so why...

I slowly turned towards her again at the same time she repositioned herself on the seat so she was now facing me directly.
And my eyes instantly developed a mind of their own because even though I didn't want to, my eyes couldn't help but dip lower to briefly glance at her exposed cleavage, the swell of her breasts, her bare tummy, her exposed thighs, and never-ending legs.

My brain zapped and I exhaled loudly, trying to calm my erratic heart before looking at her face again.

She was looking at me expectantly as if waiting for me to have an answer to the question she just asked when I couldn't even remember the question again.