Scott | 043

**CW: Sexual content**

         Monroe's overestimation of his son's loyalty was ultimately his downfall.

Scott had sent his personal militia ahead of their arrival at the estate. He was worried that Robbie's abduction might be apart of some bigger scheme, but by the time they were pulling into the paved driveway, a mere three hours behind his personal soldiers, they had everything secured. Monroe had already been detained, along with a handful of personal guards, and the entire thing was such a half assed attempt at a threat that he was confident that former Princess Emmeline and Monroe had been working largely alone. It was just a shame that the Princess was still safe and sound behind the borders of Lockmere, just out of Scott's reach.

He was itching to go check on his brother, but Robbie was in heat, which left him in charge of making sure his Omega was okay. "Allen," He addressed as they stepped into the threshold of the manor that his father had gifted Monroe in his will. Allen made a humming noise in acknowledgement, eyes sweeping across the entrance room curiously. "Vincent is around here somewhere. I need you to go check on him."

Allen's expression twisted with displeasure, "You're going to Robbie?"

Scott nodded, "He's with Angel."

"Right, wouldn't want a pissing contest between us." Allen looked something of a lost puppy, a near pout on his face and an anxious demeanor as he rankled in those protective Alpha instincts. No doubt he wanted to bust into the room Robbie had been confined in, make sure that the Omega wasn't too traumatized from the abduction and sated during his heat. His presence would do the exact opposite though with Angel as his heat partner, would do nothing more than force Angel to perceive him as a threat and in turn stress Robbie out. "So you just want me to make sure your brother is still around?"

"I know he'll be upset about his mother." Scott reached out to touch Allen, maybe kiss him, but quickly thought better of it. He wouldn't want the Alpha's scent lingering on him. "I just want you to make sure he's okay."

Allen nodded, taking a deep breath. "I can do that. Be careful okay? Who knows what Angel is like in rut."

"I will. Hopefully you can provide Vincent with some comfort."

They parted ways then, Allen off in search of the younger Alpha and Scott on his way to the farthest wing of the manor. There were too guards at the entrance of the corridor, stationed away from the door. Even from here he could detect the faint scent of sugar in the air, the undeniable heat as diminished as it was. The guards bowed as he passed, indicating which door his lover was behind. He gave a steady knock to the door and waited a few moments, allowing them to brace themselves before he opened the door.

A wall of pheromones hit him as he pushed the door open, strong enough to nearly knock him back. It was almost like the scent of a bakery on steroids, one that specialized in fruit-based baked goods. The room itself was dark, but the light from the corridor revealed a bed frame that was missing its mattress, only holding up the box spring base. He tentatively stepped into the room, smoothly taking his handkerchief out of his breast pocket in an attempt to filter out the pheromones. It didn't do much, but it was better than nothing. Stepping into the room revealed two doors to the left, and a figure was guarding one of them.

Angel somehow looked more intimidating in the dim light, sweatpants hung low over their hips and violet eyes gleaming as they glared him down. Their eyes were dilated, high off the instincts roiling through their body, lip curled slightly in a warning snarl. There was a spark of recognition there, the rumbling in their chest faltering for a brief moment before starting up again.