Robbie | 035

If there was one thing in the world that Robbie truly could not care less about, it was school.

There was just something about it that he'd never liked, the expectations and grades and people just seemed like too much. He had dropped out after his first year of high school, determined to find literally anything else that could make him happy. It wasn't unusual for Omegas to not finish school, a lot of them got mated shortly afterward, but that wasn't what Robbie had in mind for himself. He ended up working part-time as the local library, spending his days surrounded by books, happily organizing and reshelving them in the quietness. It had been easy and calming, and something that he thoroughly enjoyed.

Since he'd never graduated though, King Scott had insisted that he further his education. According to him, it would be unusual for a high class Omega not to pursue any sort of academic achievements.

At the time, Robbie hadn't argued because well, he didn't want to be an embarrassment. So he'd been assigned to the royal tutor, an incredibly old Beta who'd apparently been around since Scott's grandfather's reign. The woman reminded Robbie of an owl, dressed in thick robes to stave off the cold and small, round spectacles placed on their nose. She was kind, though perhaps a little boring, and fell asleep in the middle of lessons.

Robbie also fell asleep during these lessons.

And he didn't feel like napping today, which was how he ended up roaming the Palace grounds, avoiding one of the only duties he was required to attend.

He'd been living here for months and yet, there were still much of the Palace he hadn't seen yet. He was sure that he could live here for the rest of his life, and there would still be random nooks and crannies to discover, hidden hallways long forgotten about. The Palace was as old as Othebia itself, according to what he'd learned in school, that the building had seen the rise and fall of multiple royal bloodlines. It made him wary about wandering around at night, or even getting out of bed in the dark, couldn't help but think about how many ghosts were present. He'd have to ask Scott if he'd ever encountered any spirits, or if he even believed in them.

"Lady Robbie, I feel I need to inquire exactly where we're going."

Robbie glanced behind him, toward the guard who'd been assigned to him for the day. Angel still wasn't completely recovered yet, wouldn't be back until the next week, and he missed them. They probably wouldn't have questioned what he was doing, would have dutifully followed after him without saying a word.

As it was, he was currently walking the perimeter of the Palace, the high walls of the building towering over them. It was interesting to see the Palace from the outside, even just the side of it was filled with detailed architecture that Robbie figured was probably a giant waste of talent, as no one but the guards (and him apparently) would likely ever take notice of. The entire Palace was like this, ornate down to the bone, years of additions and remodeling leaving it a giant conglomerate of different eras. The Palace itself was like a history museum.

"I didn't really have anywhere in mind." He replied finally.

Colin pursed his lips, seeming to think over what he'd said for a moment. "You're supposed to have lessons right now, unless the schedule I was given today was incorrect?"

"I don't feel like attending them."

"They still have the same tutor?"

"An old beta with glasses?"

"Yeah, Ms. Wallert or whatever. She was ancient when I was a kid, I can't imagine why she's still teaching anyone at her age." Colin shrugged, "I don't blame you for skipping. Though I'm sure His majesty would be displeased if he knew you were."