Robbie | 029

Robbie was genuinely excited to see his parents. It was customary to bow towards the King when entering a room, but they either didn't know or didn't bother listening to the servants who'd greeted them as they brushed right past the King of Othebia to pull him into a bone crushing hug. He was the youngest of his siblings, as well as the only Omega, so his parents had always been especially protective of him. Still, he glanced toward Scott, to find him smiling softly as he watched on. He relaxed, surrounded by the comforting smell of his parents, muted as they were. They chattered in his ear, likely asking him a plethora of questions, but he didn't hear any of his as he searched for Allen.

His parents were here too, though their entrance was much quieter in comparison. Mr. and Ms. Perez bowed properly to the King before turning to their attentions to their only son. Allen didn't talk much about his parents outside of saying that they didn't have a close relationship, and that was prevalent now as they stiffly greeted one another. Allen hugged his mother, albeit a little awkwardly, and nodded towards his father. Their words were quiet, Robbie couldn't hear what was said over the din of his own parents.

Allen's parents were both Alphas, and it was clear in the way that they held themselves. It was a stereotype that Alphas weren't particularly affectionate with each other, and though this wasn't true for all Alphas, of course, it seemed to be the case for the Perez's. There was a comfortable distance between him and his parents, and even the couple stood with a little space between them. It was strange to see, especially as he was being squished between his own parents.

"Robbie," The concern in his mother's voice finally had him turning his attention back to her, "Are you okay?"

He bumped his nose against her cheek, "Yeah, sorry mama. I'm so happy to see you guys again. I was so homesick when I first got here."

Still was sometimes. He missed the simplicity of his home, especially on days when the Palace seemed much too big, when the idea of mating with the King was too much (something he still tried not to think too hard about, it never failed to freak him out).

"Have you had a good time here so far, my baby? We were so worried after the Palace was attacked, even after your call," She asked, moving back enough to get a good look at what he was wearing, "Oh, you look so handsome in a suit! A little untraditional, but my baby has never been very concerned with looking Omegean. Has your first heat finally come yet?"

"Mom!" He admonished, blushing heavily. Of course she'd immediately start asking invasive questions.

Thankfully, his father was there to save him, immediately asking his own, much less embarrassing, questions. They caught up for a little bit, his parents talking about their jobs and how much they missed him and how quiet their house was without him. Finally, Scott insisted they move to the dining room for dinner. Scott sat at the head, naturally, with Robbie and Allen on either side and their families sitting on each respective side. Vincent was absent from the meal, likely on Scott's request, but Robbie kind of wished he was present. Allen's parents seemed to take notice of his own, and by the judgmental stares on their otherwise neutral expressions, they didn't think much of what they saw. Robbie caught Allen's eyes and the Alpha frowned apologetically. Vincent's easy-going personality would have eased the tension.

"Mrs. and Mr. Quarrels, Mrs. and Mr. Perez, I'd like to thank you for agreeing to join us today. As you are all aware, I've been in search for a mate, and plan to make my decision public tomorrow. We've kept quiet until now, if only to ensure that they're comfortable with their decision to be with me and the responsibilities that come with it." Scott smiled, and it seemed genuine, "I'm excited to announce your sons as my intended mates."