Allen | 036

Allen wasn't so sure about this whole war thing.

Not that he was able to have much of an opinion on it. He wasn't important enough to have a say anyway, his status at the King's intended only got him so far. Besides that, he was just an Alpha who hadn't finished college yet, with parents who were influential, yes, but the crown wasn't fond of them. So, he sat quietly through the war meeting, unsure of why the King had invited him to attend.

They were sat in a conference room, a large table taking up most of the space. The perimeter of the table they sat around was made up of wood, but the inner rectangle was a large screen, hosting a map of the world. It was zoomed in on Guitia at the moment, the point of different bases and important areas highlighted in bright red. The screen was manipulated by a tablet that Scott had, changing the focus and the areas as needed.

"Surely, this isn't enough." Scott was saying. His brows were furrowed in concentration, looking positively tiny in the massive chair. Allen was pretty sure he was resting on a pillow. Still, he exuded an air of confidence, one that demanded attention, like anything he said was of the utmost importance. "The Guitian military is exhausted. We have plenty of troops to spare, why aren't we using them?"

"Our plan was to merely support Guitia at the end of this war, Your Majesty." The general replied, "Lockmere's army is suffering without our weapons, it won't be long until they used up their resources and have no choice but to surrender."

"I want to crush Lockmere as quickly as possible."

"Patience is a virtue, Your Majesty." A council member spoke up, "It has been some time since Othebia has been directly involved in war. Other kingdoms don't know the extent of our military power. This way, we're exploiting the highest amount of gain with the smallest number of casualties."

"And when another kingdom targets us because we appear to be weak?"

The council member shrugged, "We defeat them."

The King sighed, tapping a few buttons so that the screen changed, now showing an aerial view of Lockmere. "Do we have a fair number of aircrafts, general?"

The general blinked, shuffling around some papers before he found what he was looking for. "Yes, we're fully stocked, sir."

Scott hummed, staring over the map. "Bomb their weapon factories."

Everything froze for a second. Allen tore his eyes away from Scott to gauge the other's reactions, only to find most of the council members staring at the King blankly. As though Scott were saying something entirely ridiculous. Which, maybe he was.

"And if they intercept us? What if they retaliate?"

Scott scoffed, "If we bomb their weaponries, how are they going to retaliate? With what resources? Have them ready for my okay, general." Then he turned toward the woman beside him, "Get in contact with our aircraft carriers, have them double their output. I'll fund it myself, if needed. And build more warehouses. Discreet ones. Underground, maybe? I want Othebia to be as prepared as possible."

══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮ ══════

At first, Allen thought Vincent had some sort of crush on Robbie.

Which wouldn't have surprised him. Robbie was lovely, a goddess in his own right, and Vincent was an unmated Alpha around the same age. They'd grown close over the weeks following Vincent's arrival. During the afternoons Allen never found one without the other, often locked away in that game room, eyes glued to the television as they aggressively played some sort of shooting game. The first time that he had stumbled upon them, Robbie had been skipping circles around the coffee table, laughing gleefully as Vincent exclaimed there was no way he hadn't been cheating. Robbie had called him a sore loser, even stuck his tongue out at his childishly, and Allen had been awed at how young Robbie looked. Logically, he knew that Robbie was still a teenager, but the five years between them had felt like a chasm in that moment.