After leaving the library with Harry the day before, I stopped at a little sandwich shop for some lunch before going to work. I had a short shift at the bar around the corner from my apartment, and since I had stayed at the library later than I planned, I didn’t have time to go home. Thankfully, I always kept my work shirt in my bag for just such instances.

My four-hour shift passed by quickly, thank God, since my mind so desperately wanted to dissect the events of the afternoon. Both that Harry had approached me, and more so the fact that he had attempted to help me with my project in the only way he could. He was so back and forth, so hot and cold, I never really knew where I stood with him. And yet, I still felt a pull towards him that was different from anything I had experienced before.

I knew he wasn’t going to pose for me, and part of me had accepted that. My mind still created the occasional set up or scene for me to photograph him in, but I knew it would always be just in my mind. At least, I had found, that we seemed to have achieved a civil common ground with each other, that would make any future run ins not so awkward.

Serving beer and chips to random patrons on a Friday night was the perfect way to occupy a distracted mind. Anytime Harry would creep in, someone would call out for a refill. By the time my shift ended, and I was able to shove my tips in my pocket and pull on my jacket, I realized I had gone almost the entire time without thinking of him. It was a nice change.

But now, it was the weekend, and I had activities that held little to no interest to continue offering distraction. Sighing deeply, I pushed back my blankets, and slipped from my bed. Stretching my arms over my head, I adjusted my sleep pants as I made my way into the living room.

I found Mia still in her pajamas, a duster in one hand, spray polish in the other.

“Morning,” she greeted, her dark hair spilling from the messy knot she had twisted at the top of her head. “Im glad you’re finally up so I can vacuum.”

“You really have too much energy in the morning, you know that?” I asked grumpily, padding over to the fridge to pour a glass of juice.

“Lane, please, I’ve been up for almost two hours. I’ve already done the dishes, cleaned the bathroom, and am now dusting.” Straightening from her hunched position over the coffee table, she stretched her long back. “You sweep and wash the floors, and do the laundry so all this shit is done.”

Grumbling to myself, I shook my head at her as I sipped my juice. “I’m barely out of bed and you’re giving me demands. I feel like I need to salute you or something.”

Narrowing her eyes at me, Mia gave me the finger. “Here is a salute for you.”

I snorted, setting my glass in the sink before stepping into the bathroom to brush my teeth.

The rest of my morning passed rather quickly, thanks to Mia and her slave driver tendencies when it came to cleaning. I suppose cleaning really wasn’t all bad when you got to blare music loudly and dance around like an asshole with your best friend. But I really wasn’t a fan of laundry, which was my weekly job for both of us. It had been either that, or dishes when we moved in together. Dishes were my hate all above all else, so I opted for laundry, which wasn’t quite as teeth grinding to me.