Segreteria telefonica

<< Voicemail >>

-

Song-- Hurt, Christina Aguilera

---

"Stop," I complained when Vincent sat on my bed with me.

"Stop what?" Vincent asked.

I groaned and laid on my bed. I wiped my tears off my cheeks. My head hurt so much. It was throbbing.

"Bella, what's wrong?" Vincent asked, hovering over me. He gently brushed the hair out of my eyes.

"My head hurts," I told him, closing my eyes.

"I'll go get you medication," Vincent announced. I felt the bed shift under me, footsteps, and then the door closed.

I held my head, pressing my hands as if it would make my headache stop. It didn't work so I removed my hands. That worked. Once the extra pressure was gone, my body seemed to relax. I slowly opened my eyes, focusing on my breathing. Once I was able to breathe properly without feeling as if my lungs were shaking, I slowly sat up. The door opened.

"Here," Vincent announced. He put a pill in my hand and handed me a glass of water.

"Thanks," I responded, taking the medicine.

"Prego," Vincent said. After I finished, I set the glass on my nightstand. "Lex, did you understand what Andy was talking about?"

"No," I answered. "I wasn't listening."

"Okay," he nodded. "Michael owned a casino in Las Vegas. It's a very successful casino. It's been transferred to you, Frediano, and tua zia."

"Rose wants to sell?" I asked. I figured that much.

Vincent nodded, humming to confirm my words. "Frediano wants to keep it. You have the last opinion here. Rose can transfer her share to your name."

"I don't want to sell," I stated.

"You can think–"

"I don't want to sell," I finalized. I didn't want to give away something that belonged to my dad.

"Okay," Vincent said. "You have to talk to Andy about it since you and Frediano will be owning it." I nodded.

"Can you stay with me tonight?" I asked him.

He checked his watch. "Yes, but I won't be back until four in the morning," he explained.

"Why?" I asked. "What are you doing?"

"I have to meet with my American supplier and then Luca and I are seeing Mel and Gunner for drinks and plans," he informed me.

"Is Mel a girl or a boy?" I asked.

"Un uomo," he answered in Italian. "I'll come back more towards five– I have to see Donna and il mio bambino."

"You don't have to stay," I dismissed. "You should be with your kid and fiancee. I'm sorry," I apologized.

Vincent studied my face, tilting his head. "Did you have a bad dream last night?"

"I always have nightmares, Vincent. It's not any different. I'll be fine."

He sighed as if I presented him with a difficult decision. He kissed his teeth for a moment. "Dante and Beatrice are staying here tonight in Michael's guest room. If you need them, go. Capisci?" he asked me.

"Yes," I agreed, understanding what he said. "Are you leaving now?"

"In about fifteen. I have to talk to Dante and Andy."