Dibattitos su un Casinò

<< Debates About a Casino >>

---

I woke up after bad dreams. During my sleep, a face kept coming back to me. It made me angry. Sweat was on my forehead. However, I couldn't focus on it for long. My attention focused on the body near me as well as the hand on my arm.

"What are you doing?" I asked, my voice crispy and tired. I cleared my throat. I was crying too much.

"I failed to take care of you, doll," Vincent whispered.

I pulled myself away from him and sat up. I tried to fix my hair, forcing myself to wake up. I scooted away from him. I didn't want to be near him. I was so embarrassed. That incident was the most embarrassing of my life.

"Why are you in my bed?" I asked. "Shoo."

"Lay back down–"

Something plopped into my injured mind. I completely forgot what today was. It was an important day.  "I need you to call my doctor," I quickly said. I forgot all about it. I needed to see him. I was going to be cleared today. I could run away! Leave my dad's State, and disappear. Forever. Never bother anyone ever again.

No, by living you're bothering people.

"Why?" he asked in Italian. "Are you hurt?"

"I need him to clear my concussion– it's been a week. Call him. I'll go take a shower," I announced, getting out of bed. I planned to run away before Vincent could argue with me. I saw spots the moment I stepped out of bed. Now was not the time to show weakness because then Vincent wouldn't call Dr. Williams. I thought that I walked it off so well that he couldn't tell but then he quickly rushed over and grabbed my body, pulling me back into him, and forcing me to sit on top of the bed.

"Vincent!" I whined. My hands went to his to try to push him off.

"You're. . . um, titling when you walk," he said. I could tell that he was unsure of the word he used.

"Stumbling? I asked.

"Si, stumble, si. I don't think you can be cleared," Vincent denied my dream.

"No!" I begged. "Please, Vincent, call him! I'm not stumbling, I'm fine!" I rushed out, standing up. I secretly grabbed the bed for added support. "I'm going to go shower, okay?" I didn't wait for a response as I walked away. I wasn't going to give him the chance to stop me again.

I closed the door behind me, quickly stripped, and stepped into the shower. I didn't even wait for the water to warm up. Negative thoughts started to swirl around in my head. I couldn't give into them today. Anything I did would risk my getting cleared. When I finished, I wrapped a towel around my body and walked out to my bed. My room was empty. Dressing was quick, a simple long-sleeved shirt and sweatpants slipped on my body. My arms looked worse today.

Add.

Anxiously, I nibbled my lips as I walked downstairs. My arms looked as if a raccoon nibbled the skin and then a vulture pecked at it. I hope Dr. Williams wouldn't check my arms. I don't know why he would. The problem was my mind, not my arms. Also, I didn't eat anything yesterday. I needed to eat something today so Dr. Williams would forgive my lack of eating. I need to be cleared.

Dante was in the kitchen. He smiled when he saw me but it was sad. A woman, his fiancee, was next to him. "Hey, kiddo," Dante greeted. "Are you hungry?"

I had to act like how I used to. I couldn't just nod. "Yuh," I agreed although I wasn't. The only will I had was fueled by seeing Dr. Williams. "I'll have whatever, I don't care, I'm just hungry," I lied.