Chapter Twenty-Three

Vixyn just played dumb the entire discussion time in SIATT's headquarters. She didn't give any answer nor deny speculations about how Madame Pearl escaped. Salvatore Mancini has accused her of aiding the old maid in escaping but her sisters have dismissed the idea.

"We don't know where to start locating her." Si Diamond. "She didn't leave any trace for us to track her down. She's still smart and cunning and has played as all."

"She knew we are still after her so she added us to her list. Isinama niya tayo sa mga taong gusto niyang hilahin pababa." Segunda naman ni Sapphire.

"Vix, are you alright?" Tanong ni Yasi kay Ruby. "You've been silent the whole time. Is there something wrong? Did something happen back there?"

Mabilis na umiling si Vixyn.

"Nothing. I'm just thinking where she could be and who's helping her." She lied.

"That's what I've been wondering too." Si Saph. "She cut her ties with her allies but she is still continuing working on the drug. I think someone is still helping her to operate."

"Who could that be?" Pare-pareho nilang tanong.

Lumipas ang mga araw ngunit wala pa din silang makuhang sagot. It seemed that the old lady has been out of their radar already. Maingat na itong kumilos upang hindi nila matanto ang kinaroroonan.

"Ahhh!" Bricks frustratedly exclaimed. "I need a thirty minutes break." Anunsiyo nito sa kanila. "Hacker, take charge please." Anito sa isa pang kasamahan.

"Sure, whatever." Walang emosyong sagot ng lalaki na nagtipa sa harap ng monitor nito. "I'll locate that old hag who also played a part in my brother's assassination."

Nagtinginan silang magkakapatid sa naging turan ni Stewart. Naikwento na ni Diamond sa kanila na ang kapatid pala ni Agent Hacker ang tumulong sa dalaga na makatakas at napatay nga dahil sa kagustuhan nitong isiwalat ang katotohanan sa mundo.

"I'm sorry about your brother." Si Sapphire. "Madame has ordered us out to kill him and Aquamarine was the one who executed the order."

Tumango lang ang binata na halatang nasasaktan pa din sa nangyari sa kuya nito. Sumenyas naman si Yasi na sumunod sila rito sa loob ng laboratoryo.

"Stephen Jackson is a sensitive topic for Stewart. It's better not to talk about it in front of him." Ani Striker.

"Yeah, I'm sure he is still hurting whenever he remembers what happened to his brother." Pagsang-ayon naman ni Ruby. "It's better if you can't remember, you'll eventually move on."

"How can you move on when you know that there is something that is holding you back?" Si Sapphire. "You still haven't gotten all your memories back, right? Have you moved on from that? I don't think you did. Coz if you do, you wouldn't be here in the first place."

Hindi nakasagot pabalik si Vixyn sa kapatid. Hindi niya alam kung bakit biglang naging ganoon ito sa kanya.

"Hey, Saph-" sinubukang pumagitna ni Diamond.

"It will be easier for you to let go of the past if you remember it all. Even the ones you thought you never had." Dagdag pa ng kapatid. "Take it from Diamond, she remembered her past, even the one before FLAW."

Saka naman napatingin si Ruby kay Diamond.

"Sapphire is right, after I remembered who I was before, remembering my family, that's when I worked myself out to move on, to let go of my dark past. I did not hold back anymore from living my life how I want it to be. I am happy now."