Chapter One

"Oh, you're awake!" The man said and rushed to the door and yelled. "She's awake!"

The woman blinked twice after opening her eyes. She furrowed her brow when she realized that she's not familiar with the place. She then tried to move so she could get up but was stopped by the man who is standing beside her.

"Please don't try to move or you might hurt yourself more." Ani ng lalaki na umatras nang may pumasok na roon na doktor at dalawang nurse. "Finally she's awake. Is she alright?" Na sa doktor na bumaling.

"Let me check on her first." Sagot ng doctor at lumapit sa babaeng nasa kama upang tanungin. "How are you feeling? Do you feel dizzy?" Dahan-dahan na iling ang isinagot ng dalaga. "Do you feel pain in your head or any part of your body?" Muling umiling bilang sagot. "What about what happened to you, do you remember anything?"

Doon sa huling tanong ng doktor ay hindi kaagad nakasagot ang babae na halatang nahihirapan sa pag-alala.

"I-I don't." Nakakunot noong wika ng dalaga. "I don't remember anything."

The doctor briefly glanced at the man before asking his next question.

"Do you remember your name?"

Bumuka ang bibig ng dalaga na para bang sasagot ngunit hindi natuloy at nagsimula nang magpakita ng pagka-bahala ang mukha nito.

"What's happening?! Why can't I remember anything?! Why can't I remember my name?! Who am I? Why am I here? Where am I?!" Sunod-sunod na tanong ng dalaga at nagsisimula nang magwala.

"Calm down, Miss, we're here to help you. We're trying to figure out your condition." Pagpapakalma ng doktor sa pasyente.

"Who am I? Why can't I remember anything at all?! What's wrong with me?!"

Patuloy pa din sa pagwawala kung kaya't sumenyas ang doktor sa dalawang nurse na turukan ito ng pampakalma. Ngunit nang sinubukang hawakan ng mga nurse ang dalaga ay nasaktan nito ang dalawa.

"Hey, it's okay." Pigil ng lalaki sa dalaga. "Don't be afraid, we're not going to hurt you. No one's going to hurt you, okay?" At marahang hinawakan sa balikat kung kaya't unti-unting kumalma ang babae. "I'm Perseus, you can call me Percy and I will not let anyone hurt you as long as I'm here, okay? Trust me."

Hindi naman na nanlaban ang babae at hinayaan na lamang na maturukan ng nurse habang nakatitig sa mga mata ni Percy. She chose to believe in him, she chose to trust his words. And then she felt sleepy again and his face was the last she saw before blacking out.

Percy stared at the woman who is lying on the bed. He can't help but stare at her beauty. She's sleeping like an angel. He's wondering who she is and if her family is looking for her. She's been unconscious for three days since the accident and no one came to find her. He did not agree with the cops to expose her picture to locate her family because he's not sure if that would put the woman in danger.

Being an NBI agent in the Philippines, he knows the risks of exposing someone's identity, especially if they couldn't find out who that woman is.
She doesn't have any ID with her, no cellphone, no wallet, nothing that can be used to identify her.

Hinihintay na lang nila ang paggising nito upang makuha ang mga impormasyong kailangan nila ngunit ngayong walang maalala ang dalaga ay malaking problema iyon. At isa pa ay kinukutkot siya ng kanyang konsensiya dahil siya ang may kasalanan.