C11

Chapter 11:    Defining his feelings ②

The five-day vacation finally ended. Chen Yifei had never experienced such an exhausting vacation before. His only wish now was to lay in bed and sleep properly for ten plus hours.

Work officially started again the day after their vacation, so Chen Yifei had another day of rest before work. However, Chen Yifei did not particularly like holidays. He found holidays to be boring because he would have nothing to do. He only felt enriched when he had something to work on.

Yan Yu asked Chen Yifei to consider staying with him in his house again, but Chen Yifei decided against it in the end. Yan Yu was pretty disappointed. Despite questioning him, Chen Yifei did not reveal any concrete reasons.

While Yan Yu did not have any plans for the day, he, unexpectedly, received a call from Chairman Yu inviting him out for a meal. Since Chairman Yu said that the meeting had nothing to do with work, Yan Yu told Chen Yifei to rest properly instead of having him come.

Once at the restaurant, Yu Yue (俞悦)* started waving the moment he saw Yan Yu. Yan Yu returned with an enthusiastic greeting, sat down and asked, “Why are you so free today?”

(T/N*: CEO Yu’s name.)

Yu Yue’s expression was unexpectedly filled with distress, “Actually, I have something to discuss with you.”

Yan Yu asked, confounded, asked, “About work?”

Yu Yue shook his head, a hint of embarrassment in his voice, “It’s not about work but a personal issue. Since you look like someone who is pretty experienced in such things and I really need someone to talk to, or I’m gonna die from not being able to rant about it…”

Yan Yu did not know whether to laugh or cry at his description, “Go ahead and feel free to talk to me about it.”

Yu Yue took a big gulp of beer, as if to give himself courage, and said, “I want to pursue someone.”

Yan Yu was stunned for a moment, but it was not because of how shocking Yu Yue’s love life was. Yu Yue looked like someone who would devote himself to his love. For someone to feel indifferent towards the pursuit of such a rich and devoted person, that was what Yan Yu found shocking.

Yan Yu carefully asked, “Sorry if I am overstepping but, who’s this person you want to pursue?”

Yu Yue’s face flushed a little as he admitted, “Don’t laugh at me, alright…? Do you remember that on New Year’s Eve I attended the al fresco performance nearby? There were quite a few policemen present to maintain order and that was when I saw him…”

Yan Yu offered, “Love at first sight?”

Vexed, Yue Yu replied, “Is it hard to accept? To be honest, I didn’t think I would fall in love at first sight before that day either.”

Yan Yu shook his head immediately and laughed, “Not really. Falling in love at first sight sounds pretty romantic. Have you confessed?”

Yue Yu shook his head, looking slightly dejected, he rocked the glass in his hand. “I have only asked for his contact information. I don’t want to scare him away.”

“I don’t think it’ll go so far as to scare him away,” Yan Yu laughed. “You need to have the courage for such situations.”

To be honest, Yan Yu was puzzled as to what gave Chairman Yu the wrong impression that he was experienced in love. But, since CEO Yu had already invited him out just to ask for his help, Yan Yu felt bad about not giving any decent suggestions.

Yu Yue sighed, “But, he is a guy.”

Yan Yu was dumbstruck and at a loss for words for a moment as he looked at Yu Yue’s sincere eyes. Yan Yu felt a sudden rush of courage and said resolutely, “It’s even better if it’s a guy. There’s nothing to be scared of! You’re cute. You can do this.”