C12

Chapter 12:    Genuine feelings ①

Chen Yifei stayed behind at the hospital until past nine. He gave Yan Yu a call while he was waiting for a taxi at the hospital entrance.

When the call connected, Chen Yifei asked, “You have arrived home, right?”

Yan Yu’s voice sounded unexpectedly exhausted, “I’m in the office.”

Chen Yifei asked, surprised, “For what?”

Yan Yu answered, “There is an emergency that I need to sort out.”

Chen Yifei was concerned, “What emergency? Do you need my help?”

“I’ll be done soon. You should go back,” Yan Yu replied.

And with that, Yan Yu hung up the phone. No matter what, Chen Yifei could not help but worry, so he ended up taking a taxi to the office instead. There were quite a few people still working overtime at this time. Chen Yifei walked straight to Yan Yu’s office and knocked on the office door.

Yan Yu said a quick “come in” and lifted his head. Seeing that it was Chen Yifei, Yan Yu sighed, “Didn’t I tell you to go back?”

Chen Yifei said, “I’ll feel sorry to return alone.”

Yan Yu felt endlessly agitated. He had wanted to use this emergency as an excuse to keep himself busy so as not to think about Chen Yifei -- in the end, Chen Yifei came running to him.

Yan Yu passed the documents to Chen Yifei and said rather reluctantly, “Help me finish this report first, then.”

Chen Yifei took the documents and returned to his office. Yan Yu tried to compose himself and continued with the current task at hand. But he slowly realised that he could not concentrate at all with Chen Yifei there as his attention would subconsciously go to him without him wanting it to.

Yan Yu finally could not endure it and, after ten minutes, he went to the toilet and washed his face with cold water, which helped in clearing his head. Just then, the phone in his pocket rang. Yan Yu took it out and had a look - it was a call from Guo Shengxing.

Guo Shengxing called to invite Yan Yu out for a meal, which Yan Yu agreed to without any hesitation. Yan Yu chatted with Guo Shengxing briefly until the latter suddenly asked, “Yan Yu, are you in a bad mood?”

Yan Yu was surprised, “You can tell?”

Guo Shengxing, “Don’t treat me as some sort of unrefined man. I can be quite sensitive, too. C’mon, tell me. What is it that has affected your mood this much? There’s nothing you can’t say to your best bud.”

Yan Yu was not someone who would keep secrets to himself. Unable to bear it himself, he ranted, “Alright, but you must not tell anyone else.”

“Don’t you worry,” Guo Shengxing assured him.

Yan Yu quietly admitted, “I have fallen in love with Chen Yifei.”

“...”

Guo Shengxing paused, only managing to find his voice after a moment. “Who?!” One could tell how low his jaw had dropped judging by his voice.

“You heard it right!”

Guo Shengxing swallowed, “...Chen Yifei?!”

“Yes.”

“Are you talking about the Chen Yifei I’m thinking about?” questioned Guo Shengxing.

Yan Yu exasperatedly demanded, “How many freaking Chen Yifeis do you know, huh?”