C3

Chapter 3: What goes around comes around ③

The next morning, Yan Yu yawned and walked out of his house, noticing a red sports car parked on the side of the road. Chen Yifei, wearing a suit and white gloves, was leaning on the car door, seemingly to have waited for a long time.

Yan Yu’s sleepiness disappeared in an instant. He let out a cough and walked over, “Thanks for the wait.”

Chen Yifei opened the door to the front passenger seat, his expression heavy, “Get in quickly.”

Asking Chen Yifei to come by so early to fetch him, but the one who asked was still taking his own sweet time.

Once Yan Yu got seated, Chen Yifei closed the door with a considerably loud slam, boarded the car himself and started driving towards their office building. While waiting at a traffic light, Chen Yifei pulled at the slightly suffocating collar, it seemed like this suit was slightly too small for him.

Yan Yu asked, “Is the size too small? That can’t be, I ordered this based on your measurements during the interview…”

“I guess I’ve gained some muscles in the past month.” Chen Yifei glanced over at him, “You ordered this a month ago? Were you going to choose me from the start?”

Yan Yu, “You overthink too much. The suit won’t be made in time if I order it now, so I ordered suits for all three candidates. I’ll not allow anyone wearing a cheap suit to walk around in my office.”

“...”

“We’ll make you another one some other day.”

Chen Yifei could clearly feel the gazes on him the moment he entered the office building. Probably due to the deep curiosity and interest in the assistant that has gone through the legendary training. Everyone was guessing how long this handsome man would last working beside Yan Yu.

Not wanting to attract unnecessary attention, Chen Yifei quietly increased his distance from Yan Yu, who was walking in front of him. Yan Yu nodded in response to the employees’ greetings and looked back, “Why are you so far away? Get within two metres of me.”

Chen Yifei followed Yan Yu begrudgingly to his office. Yan Yu pointed at the office next door, “That’s your office. My schedule is on your desk, you decide when you need to come in.”

“‘kay.”

Yan Yu sat on the chair and even spun one round, leaning back lazily, two legs on the table, “By ‘kay, do you understand or do you not?*”

(T/N*: Yan Yu is basically being a little bitch here because he wants to hear Yifei calling him boss. 😂 )

Chen Yifei, “... I understand, boss.”

Yan Yu nodded his head, satisfied. He then patted on the tall pile of documents at the corner of his desk, “I’ll leave these to you. Get them sorted and hand them back to me by ten. I’ve even gathered three days worth of documents just for you, no need to thank me.”

Looking at that pile of white documents, Chen Yifei said, “There is less than two hours before ten, how am I supposed to finish them?”

Yan Yu shook his finger at him, “Any other person is allowed to say that, but not you. You need to be much more capable than me as my assistant. If I can finish it, you must finish two times that amount. I originally wanted to have you get these sorted by nine, but since this is your first day, I’ll give you an extra hour.”

Yan Yu was overjoyed looking at Chen Yifei’s sullen expression. He laughed, “President Chen, this shouldn’t be difficult for you, right? Didn’t you only take about half an hour to finish those assignments that took me five to six hours in the past?”