C17

Chapter 17:    Perfectionist ①

The branch company accepted their first project and the internal processes and operations of the company slowly got on track. Chen Yifei also had a taste of how difficult it was for Yan Yu when he first started out. This time, Chen Yifei was dying to get an assistant for himself.

Chen Yifei was extra meticulous with their first business. He was afraid that the other party would intentionally put up obstacles just because they were a new branch office. As such, when the other party asked for samples, Chen Yifei personally confirmed the sample’s data several times before sending it over.

Chen Yifei only felt slightly relaxed after sending the samples and invited Xu Yunfei out for dinner at night.

It had been almost half a month since Chen Yifei had arrived. He would set aside an hour every night to have a call with Yan Yu, but since it had been too busy at the branch office recently, Chen Yifei did not have as much energy. Yan Yu didn’t want him to be too tired either, so they often hung up after only a few sentences.

Xu Yunfei and Jiang Ge had continued to message each other, too. According to the former, it seemed like their conversations were going pretty well, they had even made an appointment to meet up during the holidays.

Chen Yifei felt that with Jiang Ge’s personality, he might have only treated Xu Yunfei as a pastime. But Chen Yifei did truly wish for them to come together. Xu Yunfei treated relationships quite seriously. At the very least, he had never seen Xu Yunfei initiate a breakup before during their university years.

The two arrived at the night market’s food stalls and ordered some barbecue and beer. Xu Yunfei opened a beer, tilted his head back, and took a big gulp before he let out a breath, feeling refreshed. He knocked the beer bottle lightly on the table and said mysteriously, “You know what, Chen Yifei? I have a premonition; I really do.”

“What premonition?” Chen Yifei asked.

“A premonition about love.”

Chen Yifei nearly choked on his beer, “You’ve not even met him face-to-face yet.”

“That’s why I called it a premonition,” Xu Yunfei said. “I feel like we can definitely be together.”

Chen Yifei nodded, “Best wishes to you both.”

Just as they were enjoying themselves to the fullest, Chen Yifei’s phone rang. Xu Yunfei teased, “Yoo, is the CEO calling you, again?”

“He doesn’t usually call this early.” Chen Yifei replied. He took out his phone and saw the caller ID, it was from the office, “Hello, this is Chen Yifei.”

Chen Yifei listened for a while as his expression gradually turned heavy. Xu Yunfei realised that there must be something wrong with the call and asked, “What’s the matter?”

Chen Yifei hung up the phone, the eyes which were usually calm and unflustered were currently filled with worry and anxiety. He stood up, “There seemed to be a problem with the samples. The other party is deliberately trying to make things difficult and take advantage of this to decrease the price. I need to go back and have a look at it myself.”

Xu Yunfei’s expression turned heavy, too, “That can’t be. Didn’t you check it yourself?”

“That’s why I find it odd.”

Chen Yifei did not believe he would make a mistake in the verification of data by comparing data. He could not accept that he would make a mistake in such a small area. He rushed back to the office with Xu Yunfei while their office’s side was hard-pressed to apologise to the other party.