C23

Chapter 23:    In their own world

The current season was popular for a roundabout island trip, so there were many cars on the road. There was a private car driving on the highway road along the seaside, following a long line of cars in a traffic jam as it advanced extremely slowly on the road. The beach was not too far away alongside the road.

Chen Yifei and Yan Yu had already been stuck in the traffic jam for quite a while. Chen Yifei held onto the driving wheel, bored. He could only see the traffic flow of the cars leaving on his side of the road, while Yan Yu could at least look at the beach on his side.

Yan Yu was paying no mind to the traffic jam at all. More accurately speaking, the fact that he was able to come out on a vacation was exciting enough, let alone coming to the beach, which had been always his favourite spot since his childhood.

Half of Yan Yu’s body was nearly out of the car as he leaned out to have a better look. Although the traffic was barely moving, Chen Yifei pulled him back into the car, worry obvious in his voice, “Sit properly. Don’t extend your head outside.”

Yan Yu withdrew back into his seat and stretched as he leaned back, “You’ve already been driving for three hours now. Do you want to switch?”

“It’s fine. It’s really slow now anyway.”

The road was finally moving more than half an hour later. When they finally arrived at the harbour, the two parked the car and boarded the passenger ship towards the island straight away. There were many passengers on the ship and most of them were couples who were on a vacation.

Yan Yu was wearing a pair of shorts with designs inspired by the tropics. In reality, he had bought two pairs of the exact same shorts but Chen Yifei begged to differ regarding his opinions on their designs.

After twenty minutes, the passenger ship finally stopped near the shore. The island was not big. There was only a hotel and a food street, and the scenery was extremely quiet and charming.

Yan Yu had reserved the suite room with the best view of the sea and it came with a kitchen. It was Chen Yifei’s idea to reserve a room that came with a kitchen. There were not many restaurants on this small island. Besides, most of them had menus mainly revolving around seafood. Given Yan Yu’s allergy to seafood like prawns and crabs, he thought he would be most assured if he was to cook the food himself rather than taking a risk when eating out.

After resting up in the room, Yan Yu received a call and his mood was especially uplifted when the call ended.

Chen Yifei asked, “What was it?”

Yan Yu smiled, “My darling has been sent here. It’s at the harbour now.”

Chen Yifei smiled lightly, “Shall we drive around nearby after dinner?”

Yan Yu blinked, “Let’s go a bit later.”

“It’ll be dark if we go later.”

“There’ll be fewer people when it’s dark. And we can take our time with no problems,” Yan Yu claimed.

“Isn’t it difficult to see clearly at night?” Chen Yifei said, “I thought you wanted to look at the scenery.”

The weather had been pretty good these last two days. Even when the tide was high, everything was peaceful and quiet. The two only came out to the harbour and prepared to drive out when it was almost time for the beach to close off for the night.