C24

Chapter 24:    “Sowing one’s wild oats”

After a five-day vacation, the two returned their focus and attention to work. Perhaps from being together with Chen Yifei for a while now, Yan Yu had also learnt to change his mood very quickly. He had already arranged for several meetings with a bunch of people that afternoon.

The next day, Yan Yu asked Chen Yifei to go meet a potential collaboration partner in his stead. The other party was a relatively new company, so it was their request to meet up in the first place. Naturally, Yan Yu told Chen Yifei that he could afford to relax a little and that there was no need for him to be overly cautious.

When the boss from the other company received news of them accepting their invitation to meet up, he was overwhelmed by their favour and indicated repeatedly that he would be there himself on the day of the meetup.

Strictly speaking, the meetup would not involve any discussions of the project itself. It was more of an opportunity for both parties to understand each other’s side better, so they had decided to meet up in a restaurant near Chen Yifei’s company. Chen Yifei arrived at the restaurant on time, but he could not see the boss until a young man dressed up in a suit walked towards him to welcome him.

Chen Yifei knew what that boss looked like and it was definitely not the young man standing right in front of him.

The other party greeted, “Hello, you must be Manager Chen?”

Chen Yifei nodded, “Yes, and you are?”

“Please excuse me and allow me to apologise. An emergency came up suddenly so my boss could not come to this meetup in person so he has sent me here instead.” The man introduced himself, “I am his secretary, my name is Zhou Xuancheng.”

Chen Yifei replied, “It is not a problem at all. Great meeting you, Mr Zhou.”

The two sat down at a window seat and the following conversation went on without a hitch. After having a more thorough understanding of the other party’s company, Chen Yifei thought that Yan Yu would probably also think that this company can potentially be a good partner choice for their company.

Secretary Zhou asked, “Manager Chen, we really hope that we can meet Chairman Yan directly. We’ll be relying on you to say good things for us and the various arrangements.”

“Of course.”

Secretary Zhou smiled and called over a waiter to order a specially concocted alcohol and said to Chen Yifei, “This is my way to express my thanks.”

“How could I accept this shamelessly?” Chen Yifei asked.

Instead, Secretary Zhou smiled and patted Chen Yifei’s hand, which was on the table, lightly, his expression ambiguous, “It is a given.”

Chen Yifei was stunned. Before he could retract his hand, the other party had already removed his hand as if nothing happened. Chen Yifei was not sure whether or not he was imagining things, but it was probably because of his life experiences, he somehow thought that actions from Secretary Zhou were hinting at something else. However, it may also be that he was merely a passionate person.

Chen Yifei smiled stiffly, he could not help but want this conversation to end quickly.

Secretary Zhou quickly added, “Oh, right. Manager Chen, I have yet to ask for your contact information.”

There was no reason for Chen Yifei not to give his information, so he could only pass him his name card.

After the conversation, Secretary Zhou walked Chen Yifei to his car and smiled, “Manager Chen, I wish you could keep the fact that my boss did not come a secret from Chairman Yan. He does not want to give Chairman Yan a bad impression of him. It was, truly, because of an emergency that he was unable to come tonight. I’m sorry for the inconvenience.”

Full-time Boyfriendजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें