C25

Chapter 25:    Love rivals ain’t a problem

Chen Yifei thought Yan Yu’s words were only a temporary declaration of ownership, but Yan Yu unexpectedly continued to stare at him as he said, “Call him.”

Chen Yifei asked, “... For real?”

“Of course. If you won’t call, I will. He has to know one way or another.”

Since Yan Yu asked him to call, Chen Yifei could only be the villain. He picked up his phone and dialled Secretary Zhou’s number. The other party picked up the phone pretty quickly and greeted him in a relaxed manner.

Chen Yifei greeted, “Good evening, Mr Zhou.”

Yan Yu leaned onto the side of the bed, laughing to himself internally.

“Hello, Assistant Chen. What is the matter?”

“Hn…” Chen Yifei stared at Yan Yu and said slowly, “There is something I wish to discuss with you.”

“Is it work-related? Please, go ahead.”

“No, it is not work-related.” Chen Yifei realised Yan Yu’s gaze becoming brighter with expectations. He suddenly felt as if he had fallen into a certain trap set up by Yan Yu, “It is regarding the matter you mentioned to me before.”

The other party’s tone became excited in an instant, “Chairman Yan?”

To be able to tell that that was what he was talking about straightaway, it must have been constantly on his mind. Chen Yifei answered, “Yes.”

Secretary Zhou smiled, “I have to listen carefully, then.”

Chen Yifei, “My boss is currently in a relationship, I am sorry I did not get to remind you last time.”

Who would have thought the other party’s response would be completely out of Chen Yifei’s expectations. He merely chuckled candidly, “I see. I guess that will prove to be a difficulty. Thank you for informing me.”

Chen Yifei narrowed his eyes, “What I mean to say is that it is best that you don’t disturb my boss regarding this anymore.”

“I personally do not mind it.” He laughed, “It does not mean that I do not have a chance, no?”

Chen Yifei was silent.

“I understand, Assistant Chen. You might think that I am ruining another person’s relationship, but I would never know if he likes me more unless I give it a try.” Secretary Zhou laughed indifferently, “Perhaps, you do not like to hear what I am saying, but I hope you will not let this affect our work relationship. You can not force others to have the same view as you in terms of relationships either.”

Chen Yifei had a completely new impression of this person now. Indeed, he could not make this Zhou person think the same way as he did. It was ultimately up to him to decide whether he wanted to try it or not.

Chen Yifei replied patiently, “Don’t worry, I separate my work and personal lives very clearly.”

“Haha, I am glad, then. After all, this matter is considered my personal matter, so Assistant Chen, you do not have to worry about it.” The other party joked, “Unless you also ‘assist’ Chairman Yan regarding relationship problems.”

The corner of Chen Yifei’s lips twitched, “I don’t need to assist him, his problems are also my problems.”

“What do you mean by that?”

“I am his boyfriend.” Chen Yifei’s voice sunk, “Please do not contact Yan Yu privately anymore.”

With that, the other party became silent for a long while before he spoke, “I see. That was, indeed, unexpected.”