C10

Chapter 10: Defining his feelings ①

When Yan Yu woke up the next morning, the first thing he realised was that he was facing the window ledge instead of the wall. He sat up in an instant, surprised to find that he, who was supposed to be sleeping on the left side, woke up on the right side with a pillow in his embrace.

Chen Yifei just happened to walk out of the bathroom so Yan Yu asked him in astonishment, “How did I end up sleeping on the right side?”

“Maybe you like the right side more?” Chen Yifei replied, adding, “You can take the right side tonight.”

“Did I take up your space as well?”

“No, you only took the space after I woke up.”

Yan Yu nodded. He left the bed and walked into the bathroom, finding dark circles under his eyes when he looked into the mirror. Yan Yu patted his face and let out a sigh.

The meals offered on the cruise were normal. Naturally, they could not be compared to the food in proper restaurants back on land. On top of that, all the restaurants on the cruise had long queues. It was already past ten in the morning when the two walked down. The only Chinese restaurant already had a long queue along the corridor.

Chen Yifei went straight to the queue, while Yan Yu walked around the shops nearby as he felt too lazy to stand still and wait in a line. Yan Yu came across a shop that sold bags and wallets. Fortunately, the shop assistant knew a little Chinese since there were many Chinese customers on board.

Yan Yu recalled that Chen Yifei’s birthday was coming soon on the twentieth, so he thought he might as well buy a wallet for Chen Yifei as his birthday present. After contemplating for a while, he ended up choosing a brown leather wallet and asked the shop assistant to wrap it up.

It was then that Chen Yifei called him on the phone to tell him that it was their turn. When Yan Yu returned, Chen Yifei was already ordering for both of them.

The food Chen Yifei ordered was all based on Yan Yu’s taste. Yan Yu had a very good appetite and ate everything that had been ordered. Chen Yifei ate and drank tea at a comfortable pace. Seeing the paper bag next to Yan Yu’s feet, he asked, “What did you buy?”

“Nothing much, I just took a look.”

Since they did not have anything planned afterwards, Chen Yifei chose to return to the room while Yan Yu decided to follow him and sat on the deck chair on the balcony while filling in the breakfast card for tomorrow’s breakfast. Yan Yu suddenly recalled something and, with uncertainty in his voice, said, “Chen Yifei, let’s discuss something.”

“What is it?”

“Do you want to move into my house?”

Chen Yifei was stunned for a moment and turned around to look at Yan Yu in astonishment.

Yan Yu knew that it was a very sudden request, so he explained, “It seems quite troublesome for you to come to my house every day to fetch me and I have so many empty rooms in my house anyway. They’re all cleaned and it would be more convenient for you to stay with me.”

Chen Yifei was silent for a while before he answered, “Forget it. It’s not that troublesome.”

Yan Yu felt a little disappointed. Logically speaking, there was nothing for him to feel disappointed about. It was Chen Yifei’s business whether he wanted to move in or not. He also just broke up with his boyfriend recently, so it might even be inappropriate for Chen Yifei to move in with him anyway, but he could not help but feel that pang of disappointment.

But Yan Yu still wanted to try anyway, “You can even rent out your current place and earn some rent from there. Also, I promise to be more diligent, I will not leave everything for you to do.”