XXXII-PHASE ONE:INFILTRATION

Teresa couldn't look straight as we walked out of our meeting place and towards the big walls that surrounded the city. Everywhere she turned were people struggling, whether it was with living, or simply just eating. And by the looks of it, she has never been out here.

I knew this only motivated her to work harder. I saw her gears turning, figuring out pleas with WICKED. But whether it went through or not was none of my business. I was only here to free Minho.

But I couldn't help looking around. It was dark, so all of the building lights shone out. There were a lot of blue colors. Building after building sprawled across the city. There were no people out, the only ones out were WICKED personal. I tried to keep my wonder under wraps.

Besides , my ears ringing took most of my attention. It hasn't rung since the last time I attacked my friends. It brought a sense of fear, and it's different from the one I felt minutes, even days, ago. Only the type of fear one man can bring. I screwed my eyes shut and shook my head. No, Teresa took it out. There's no reason to fear. It's just the anxiety.

We parted ways just before the building, Gally and I going down into the car park. We walked the long way to one of the openings, saving the small talk for later. I saw two guards walking with Teresa. The figures were vague, but the walks gave them away.

We joined them, never faltering. We got to a door at the end of a hallway and Teresa pressed her thumb against the pad next to it. It beeped and she pushed the door open.

It was a stairwell, leading up and down, but given that Minho was in sublevel three, we would be going down. We started down, but Gally told us to wait. He tapped a box hanging on the wall connected to other boxes, poles running up and down from it. "I can get in here."

"Stay here." Thomas told Newt, Teresa, and I. "Throw me the walkie." Gally tossed the device to Thomas, who continued down, talking to who I assumed was Fry.

I heard coughing behind me. I turned and saw Newt had his helmet mask up. He was sweating, hair sticking to his forehead. He looked pale. I lifted mine as well. "Hey you okay?"

He nodded, slowing his breath. "You don't need to worry." But I did. Because with the way he was going, I wasn't sure how long he was gonna last. I squeezed his arm and pulled my helmet back down.

Gally sawed through the box, pulling on one of the wires. "This could work."

"Alright." Thomas came back up the stairs. "Brenda, what's your status?"

"Status is...working on it."

"Copy, just make sure you're ready on your end."

"Don't worry, you know I'll be there."

Gally attached something to the inside of the box, closing it. "Alright, let's go."

We sped-walk down three flights of stairs. Running down a hall and stopping at the door at the end. We were standing there for a second then the door opened. Thomas aimed his gun and shot the man who opened it. It whined and shot an electric ball in the man's chest. He flew back and landed on the floor, a single blue arc traveling down his body.

We shot at the other men in the room, taking them down in a matter of seconds. Once they were down I ran to a door, swinging it open and scaring the kids who hid in their bunks. I scanned the room. No Minho. "Come on, guys." I didn't check to see if they followed me out of the room.

"Hey," Gally called out to us. He stood at the other end of the room, in front of a vault. "This is going to take a while."

Thomas and I checked the other rooms once they were empty. We turned to each other. He's not here. He walked up to Teresa, close in her face. "Where is he?" She looked around, trying to act confused.

"You knew he wasn't here." I pulled her arm and made her face me. "What are you trying to pull here?"

"I'm not trying to do anything."

"Bullshit." I leaned close to her and she pulled back. "You're going to take us to Minho. No funny things. Got it? We aren't shitting time here." I pushed her away, causing her to stumble. I ignored the look she gave me.

Gally had his saw going as Teresa looked up Minho in the computers on the semi circle desk. "Somebody moved him to the medical wing. That's on the other side of the building."

"Okay. Take me to him."

"We're coming with you."

"No you're not. Wait with Gally for the serum."

"You can't do this on your own. Minho comes first. Remember?"

"Just go, you guys are wasting time." Gally yelled. "I'll get the serum and meet you guys out back."

"Alright. Let's go."

We walked back, but Gally called out to Thomas. "Good luck, greenie."