XXX-TRAITOR

There was no sunlight in the room, considering the windows were all patched with something, but it was lighter. And I realized that I slept through the whole night. No nightmares or anything.

Thomas snored behind me, his face in the back of my neck and arm around my waist. I smiled and moved closer into him, memories of last night surfacing. I couldn't believe that it actually happened, but I was glad it did.

I felt closer to Thomas. Closer than I could have ever been and it was almost as if anything that happened before was behind us. Forgotten like the clothes that lay scattered on the floor.

I turned slowly, facing Thomas and tracing the details of his face with my eyes. His face was calm as he slept and he looked younger, like a kid. The responsibility of everyone he holds close aged him faster than he was supposed to.

It made me angry. Because, what kind of monsters would force children to grow up, to die, all for a test. I wasn't entirely sure what the test was even for. To find out what makes you different. That's what Ava Paige said in the video. But wasn't there a different test that would say that?

For WICKED I guess there was no other choice. They'll be damned.

Thomas groaned and his face scrunched in pain. He huffed and then calmed down. Was he having a nightmare? I held his face, running my fingers in his hair. I laid my ear against his chest. His heart was beating fast, but slowing down.

What was he dreaming about?

"Aesara?"

I looked up at him, he was still groggy with sleep and his eyes were barely open. "Good morning. Or whatever time it is." I leaned up and kissed him.

He smiled and kissed me back. His eyes traced my face and then they widened. "You cut your hair."

I held the short strands, pulling it down a little. "Yeah. I wanted to change my hair a little."

He nodded. "I like it."

I blushed and smiled. I climbed on top of him, holding his face and kissing him. His hands instinctively held my waist, holding me against him. He let out a shuddered breath. "You know, if you wanted more, you could have just asked."

"I just wanted to say good morning."

He laughed, his dimples showing. "You're a shit liar." He held me around the middle and rolled us over so I was on my back and he was on top.

"Hi." I said in a small voice, smiling.

"Hello." He just stared at me, his eyes a light brown despite there being no good lighting in here. "Have I told you how pretty you are?"

I nodded, placing my hands on his chest and slowly moving it down. "You told me many times last night."

"Because it's true."

I smirked. "I think it's because I was naked beneath you. Just like now."

He smiled and shook his head. "I think you're pretty any time. I always have." I link my hands around his neck, playing with the shirt hair at the back of his neck. "I love you."

I smiled wide. "I love you too."

"No. I love you. No matter what." His eyes were serious now. No joking whatsoever.

"I know." A knock on my door interrupted our moment. I groaned. "Who is it?"

"It's Newt. You lovebirds better hurry or you'll miss breakfast." I heard his footsteps retreat.

"Oh my god." Thomas laughed and rolled off me.

When we were dressed and situated we joined everyone in the dining hall. It was just an open space with a few long tables spread across the room. There was a station for the food. Gally was in front of us in the line.