34 after all this time

*TRIGGER WARNING: please beware that topics included in this chapter could be triggering for some but i find it extremely important to share since the matters discussed within are deeply personal to me. just wanted to let you guys know beforehand in case you're a sensitive individual (just like me). take care.*  

When we get off the bus in front of Highland High, Timothy's already waiting parked there, sitting behind the wheel, the engine running as he smokes leaning out of the window

Since Bishop chose to sit in the front, he has gotten of the bus earlier, having the advantage to escape again. I'm not letting him off the hook though. I don't know what his problem is. Things were finally starting to be fine between us and now he's giving me the cold treatment. Again.

Timothy can wait a few minutes. A party can't be that important.

Bishop is heading straight for his dad's car, everyone else doing the same, really. I pick up my pace a little to catch up with him because I want this to be private. I don't want the other guys to know we're fighting.It would only create unnecessary strain among everyone and Bishop's and Raymond's hostility toward one another is already doing enough of that. 

"So now you're running away from me?" I ask once I'm close enough. "Wouldn't it be easier if you just threw me out of your house? 'Cause I still have my things there."

I'm aware of the fact my words might be a little harsh but I'm going straight to the point. If he doesn't want me anywhere near him he can just say so. I have no idea where I would go but I've been couch-surfing for so long now that I'm pretty sure I'd figure something out.

He startles at the sound of my voice, immediately spinning around to face me. "What? I'm not running away, Aspen."

"Yeah? Then what are you doing? I thought we've been through this already."

He sighs heavily, running a hand through his messy hair. "I just can't look at it, okay? There's. . . It's not my place but I don't approve of this new you."

"New me?" I repeat. He can't be serious. "I'm the same."

"No, you're not." Bishop looks off into distance, in the same direction where Timothy's car is. "You haven't been the same since you started hanging out with them. You don't even realize how much they changed you."

I've been keeping myself in check up until now. Not even having to sit out the whole game made me snap. "That's not true." He's speaking nonsense. "If anything, you're the one that's changed."

"Yeah, I have changed, Aspen. I'm not denying that." His gaze is back on me now, his face slowly contorting with growing rage. "But you know what pisses me off the most? It's not that you don't realize that. It's that you haven't realized all this fucking time how I feel about you. First, Collin and now you're giving that rich prick a chance, acting like you don't know what his true intentions are, but you couldn't give me one? And then you're all up in my business, chasing my tail when I try to distance myself because I can't look at it?"