25 free

I'm not sure why because I can't logically explain it but I'm covering for Collin

I'm not sure why because I can't logically explain it but I'm covering for Collin. Despite the fact that perhaps I shouldn't be. Definitely not right now, keeping his whereabouts from his sister, after what she just told me went down at Roger's place over the phone. 

I'm slowly but surely nearing the building of Highland High and it's been about ten minutes since I called her back, just as she urgently instructed me to in her latest text. 

Not that I know much about what happened because it was a very brief call and Rose isn't exactly the most coherent person when she's stressed out, mad or on the edge of a breakdown, but what I'm grasping is that Collin and Roger got into a fight, a fight that Collin incited at Roger's house and now this dude, Roger's brother, wants to press charges for instigating a baseless assault.  

Rose also asked me several times if I have any idea where Collin could be since he managed to vanish right after Roger passed out and is not picking up his phone. And honestly, I don't know why I lied to her, keeping the information that I'm actually on my way to meet her brother to myself, but I'm trying to convince my brain that perhaps, it's for the best right now. If Collin wants to remain hidden, I'm in no position to decide differently for him. It's his decision and I'm going to see what he has to say about it first instead of acting in a rush like I would any other time before. That's what I'd like if it came down to it and our roles were reversed. 

Being the persuasive talent that I've become lately, I managed to talk Bishop into borrowing me his car. He protested but I told him I needed to take care of something that couldn't wait. And yeah, that boy can be nosy as hell sometimes, I'll give him that, but after some repeated implications that I needed to take care of it alone, without him, he finally got the message. Hopefully. Though I wouldn't put secretly following me just to make sure I'm safe past him if he had a way to. Luckily, the only car Bishop's family currently owns is the one I'm currently putting in park in the protective shade of pine and cedar trees flanking the edge of the parking lot behind the natatorium. 

I don't know how the situation is going to unfold. I don't know what kind of mood Collin is going to be in, which I guess one can never tell because he's pro at being both, the calm before the storm and the storm itself. Within the matter of seconds. So I brace myself by drawing in a big breath before getting out of the car. 

It's a bit chilly outside, not cold, not windy, just a little chilly. The kind that you can't quite put your finger on. But maybe it's just a reaction of my body, the shivers piercing me internally. It doesn't take me long to get up to the roof of the natatorium. It's a commonly used hang-out spot during free periods by anyone from the athletes and rest of the sports crowd. Mostly to let some steam off or roll a joint. Though it's not really my preferred spot, I had been here a few times with the guys from my team. 

The view is really pretty. I can even see the stars kind of clearly despite the light pollution surrounding Los Angeles. 

"It's a nice change," Collin's voice snaps me out of thought, prompting me to look in the direction where it came from. "It's pretty rare to see them this good, especially in this area."