ELEVEN

AFTER circling an answer on the final question, Dani placed her pencil down on the desk and fixed her position in her chair

She rest her head in her hands as her elbows were on the table.

Then, she heard talking coming from in front of her. Demetri was going on and on about something to Miguel.

Dani rolled her eyes and kicked his chair. "Shut up."

Demetri rolled his eyes. "You shut up."

"Me shut up? You're doing all the talking!"

"You—."

Just then the bell rang and Dani closed her practice test, grabbing her grey bag before following Demetri and Miguel out.

Sam was standing outside of the classroom and Dani rolled her eyes.

She greeted Miguel and they shared a kiss.

Dani gagged loudly causing Sam and Miguel to look over at her.

"We'll meet you." Demetri informed.

"Yeah, okay." Miguel replied.

Demetri then grabbed Dani's arm and pulled her along with him.

"What the hell are you doing?" He said through clenched teeth.

"What? I'm not allowed to have an opinion?"

Demetri sighed. "Of course you're entitled to your opinion, but you don't have to do that. Now come on."

Dani scoffed as her brother pulled her to the park.

They waited for all of their friends to arrive. 

Once they did, they sat down. Demetri, Miguel, and Aisha were on the beach, Dani was on the ground resting her head against Miguel's leg, and Hawk and Bert were behind them.

"Come on, eat something, it'll make you feel better." Demetri encouraged.

"I told you I'm not hungry, man." Miguel replied.

"I still think you're overreacting."

"I'm not overreacting, dude, I know what I saw."

"Alright, so you saw her earring dinner with some chose." Hawk said before spin kicking Bert. "It's probably her brother or something."

"No dude, brother's don't look at their sister's like that!" Miguel exclaimed.

"Depends on what part of the country you're in." Demetri replied.

"Ugh." Dani rolled her eyes. "What if he's not the bad guy in all of this. What if he just wants to be friends but Sam's the one who wants it to be more. I wouldn't put it past her.

Though, Dani wasn't sure if she was trying to convince everyone or if she was trying to convince herself.

"It takes two people." Demetri muttered.