FOUR

DANI arrived at the school and walked through the gym, the cloud of smoke swirling around her

Yasmine looked over and noticed the girl's black, skin tight Catwoman suit that also had a mask and cat ears.

"Oh my god, what is she wearing?" Yasmine whispered, looking over at Dani.

"Wow, she looks really good." Moon smiled.

"No, Moon, she looks like a slut." Yasmine replied.

"What do you mean?" Moon tilted her head.

Yasmine sighed at her friend.

"Who cares, guys, it's none of our business." Sam said.

Dani continued walking toward toward her brother, Miguel, and Eli.

"Hey, boys." She waved.

Eli's jaw dropped at the sight of the black-haired girl.

Miguel looked her up and down, almost dropping his now empty cup.

"Are you supposed to be Catwoman. Do you even know what she does?" Demetri asked.

"Sure I do. She's a villain and her and Batman have this on and off sort of thing." Dani answered.

"Sure, we'll go with that." Demetri nodded.

"Well, you—you look, um, you look—."

"Beautiful. You look beautiful." Miguel interrupted.

Eli slightly frowned and Dani smiled at Miguel.

"Why thank you. So, why are we just standing here instead of having fun?" Dani asked.

"You want to have fun at a school dance? Danielle Alexopolous wants to have fun at a school dance?" Demetri exclaimed.

"Well, I'm here now, so I might as well make the best of it." She shrugged.

But the boys were no longer paying attention. Instead, they were staring over her shoulder.

She looked behind her and saw three girls who looked to be dressed up as garden fairies.

"Of course." Dani muttered. "Would you like me to ask them to dance with you?"

"You'd do that?" Demetri raised his eyebrows.

"Yes, but only for you and Eli. Miguel owes me a dance." Dani smirked.

"Oh, yeah, right. I forgot about that. I mean, I'd rather dance with you than them. Not because they're not pretty, which they are, but you're cooler and prettier and...I'm sorry, is this weird?" Miguel rambled.

"Yes, it's weird, but I thoroughly enjoyed it." Dani smiled.

Miguel laughed and Eli looked sadly between the two. Demetri rolled his eyes. His sister was definitely going to break someone's heart.