THIRTEEN

"MIG, this is your victory party, we should be over there celebrating

"MIG, this is your victory party, we should be over there celebrating." Dani said.

Miguel was sipping his Coke with disappointment on his face.

"I know, I just—."

"You're thinking about Sam."

"Well, no, I'm—." Miguel sighed. "Okay, I'm thinking about Sam, but to be fair, I really liked her a lot and I was a complete and total asshole to her. Then again, I feel like it's unfair to you to still be thinking about her."

"Hey." Dani grabbed his hand.

He looked over at her and into her eyes.

"I said we were taking it slow, remember, so we can go as slow as you want. If you need more time to process you and Sam, that's fine. I really don't see the appeal in her, but I get it, take it slow."

Miguel nodded and finished his Coke. He looked down at his phone, typing something in, then put it down disappointedly.

"I really messed up."

"Why?"

"She blocked me." Miguel muttered.

Dani's face fell and she looked at him. "Miguel, I'm—."

"El Serpiente, there you are!" Hawk called.

Him and Aisha were walking up to them.

"This is how you celebrate a first-place trophy?" Aisha asked.

"Yeah, Dan, we thought you were supposed to be, ya know, cheering him up instead of letting him sulk." Hawk smirked.

"Ugh."

"She blocked me." Miguel whispered.

"So, what happens when you get blocked? You counterpunch? I mean, in this case that's making her jealous, but..."

Aisha gave him a look.

"What?"

Dani just rolled her eyes.

"Look, all I'm saying is you have a new girl now."

"So? Either way, she hates me. I don't want her to hate me." Miguel said.

"Just give Sam some time, she'll come around. You guys will have restored the peace before you know it."

"Or she won't. You're the champ how. You can get any chick in the Valley you want. Look, you already stole Dani from Keene, who says you can't steal a bunch more? You're like Drake." Hawk chuckled.

"Would you get out of here?" Dani shooed him away.

Hawk got up and went back to the table.

Aisha pat him on the arm.

"I'm not sure I wanna be Drake."

"Don't worry, you're not."

Miguel let out a smile and shook his head.