64

Matthew's P.O.V

WHAT-

"Your Kingdom is just our ally!"

Matthew's head slowly drops down in disbelief...

"What happened commander!? Feeling.. scared? Don't be! I shall not do anything to you. You're going to die anyway!" She whispers in my ear bending down next to me...

"Hahh! You- You think you scared.. me? I- I always thought.. that you- you could be a better person.. maybe- maybe that's why I.. I liked you-"

Shocked, Valeria makes eye contact with him!

"But I- I was wrong!"

Matthew struggles to get up.. but he keeps his eyes on hers. They stand in between the galloping horses heading to the wall of soldier..

"I- I should have- should have known! That- that a woman like- like you.. only betrays..."

Matthew talks to her in his truest emotions...

Entangled in his deep last words.. Valeria fails to notice his sword he lifted along while getting up.

"At least... I- I shall die.. Kno- knowing that I di- did something to protect.. my- my friends..."

Matthew gets his grip on his sharp sword even firmer.

Valeria feels his icy breath on her face getting faster.

"I- I HATE YOU!!"

Matthew, out of the blue, plunges his sword through her body just beside her navel getting across her leather attire.

Valeria lets out a screech of absolute pain! Her mouth wide opened in horror, she pierces the commander's dark eyes with her teary ones.

"You rea- reap what you sow!"

Matthew says, pulling out his sword before collapsing.

Valeria's soldiers rush towards her.. but it's too late. She widens her eyes and look at her deep wound. She then falls on fresh snow, her eyes remain opened looking at the back of Matthew's brown hairs...

Daniel's P.O.V

"Tired already? Huh Quentin!?"

"I wonder what makes you think so, Maguire!"

I put all my force into trying to push him back with my sword against his.

Daniel catches a brief glimpse of soldiers fighting against their protective wall not to far from where the Princes are fighting to get to his palace...

Universe! No...

Without a second thought, Daniel hurls the only thing defending him: his shield, on Leo who abruptly falls off from his horse.

"Arghh! What the heck Maguire!!"

I have to prevent those guards from breaking through our soldier barrier...

"Let's go Thunder!!" I pull on his reins!

"You can't keep running from me!!" I ignore Quentin's voice fading in the clash of weapons.

Grace's P.O.V

I hope Dan's alright.. I wonder if he knows who made the attack...

"Stay with His Majesty, Mother. I shall be right back."

Anxious, Grace heads towards the doors while Her Highness is looking after the King who's taking a painful rest...

"Guard?" I say knocking on the metal..