52

Queen Isolde's P.O.V

"Daniel! What happened Son?!"

My poor kid.. he looks so feeble... so glum.

"Nothing Mother... it's just that... sometimes the expected turns into the unexpected.."

"What do you mean?"

Daniel sighs closing his eyes.. then looks back at his Mother with a slight smile...

"Let bygones be bygones, Mother. Where's Grace?"

"She's in her dressing room. You must take good care of her, Son."

"Of course-"

"She's really weak... When you went down there..."

FLASHBACK

"Come dear! I shall help you get changed.."

Grace thrives to get up.. but upon trying to make her first step, she loses balance.

"Are you alright dear?!" I rushed to give her support!

"I- I'm unable to walk... I can't feel my feet... an- and my head feels like it's going to explode..." Grace says panting.

"Come I'll help you go to the dressing room!" I help her.

Current Situation

"She's in a bad condition, Son... I hope the Universe will heal her soon"

I look at my son's withered face...

"The maids are currently aiding her. I'd come to your Chamber to fetch a wool drape to keep her in warmth."

"Give it to me, Mother. I shall take it to her and bring her to our Chamber."

"But Prince, you yourself are not in a healthy state-"

"Don't worry Matthew. I'm at least capable enough of taking care of my wife. You can return to your respective chambers. I'll manage."

My son takes the drape and heads to his Lady's dressing chamber...

"But Your Majesty, His Eminence, the Prince is quite weak himself right now..."

"I know dear... But I did not stop him as I know he is the only one who can support Grace at the moment... and I believe they should be given some time alone.."

"Ahh.. I completely agree with you, Your Highness."

Daniel's P.O.V

Knock knock

"Can I come in?"

"Who is it? Lady Grace is changing outfit!"

"It's Daniel. I shall be back in a while."

"Oh wait Prince!"

The doors are opened by Maisie.

"You need not ask permission to enter. It's your Lady's dressing room." Grace's maid tell me.

"Yet, I consider asking permission requisite. Be it my Lady's dressing room or a maid's lodge."

"That's very thoughtful of you, Your Eminence. And, The Lady is almost done dressing up. You can come inside."