42

Delilah Andris' (Grace's Mother) P.O.V

"Prince, my daughter is still young.. and she doesn't have much knowledge about the outside world... If ever, she commits any mistake please forgive her.." My husband says.

"And being our only daughter... I request you.. to keep her safe forever." I add.

"Rest assured, I shall even lay my life to protect my Lady!" The Prince replies.

Are we really this fortunate that our daughter will be living the Royal life? One day she will rule over Grimwood. This seems so unreal!

The only grief present is that we won't be there to witness this... But at least my flower will not suffer the same fate as us.

"Grant me the permission to bid farewell, Sir."

My husband simply nods with a wide smile.

Daniel's P.O.V

Ahh It feels so good to have done such a good task today!

"Guards on your position! We shall be leaving in a while!" Allencourt yells.

When I'm about to turn to the chariot Grace rushes to me and unconsciously gives me a tight hug while sobbing.

"Thank youu! Thank you for all that you've done for me!"

Universe!! My heart is racing! I slowly place my hands on her silky hairs to delicately embrace her.

"Hey.. it's alright.. there's no need to thank me. I know you had been missing them a lot."

She slowly nods. The gorgeous drops of tears stream down her rosy cheeks and her warmth is something no fireplace could emit in this freezing weather!

I do not wish to end this wonderful moment of solitude with my Lady..

"Grace, wait right here." I say tucking her hair behind her left ear and then swiping her tear with my thumb.

"Allencourt, since you know the surroundings much better than me... where can I take Lady Grace for an outing?" I enquire my faithful companion.

"Uh.. since it's quite cold.. we could-"

"Do you know any inns or taverns nearby?" I ask.

"Inns? But Sir It will not be safe for you to roam around such places here..." Allencourt replies.

"Don't worry, no one recognises me here. Just give me the directions to a good tavern around here. You shall then take the soldiers back to the castle."

"But Sir! We cannot leave you and her Ladyship alone! It is our duty to ensure your safety!" Allencourt seems anxious.

"Allencourt, It's an order! And rest assured, I know what I'm doing." I reassure my friend.

"Your wish is my command! I know a good place around the corner."

"Great, give me the directions to it."

Grace's P.O.V

I should be grateful towards the Prince. After all he's done much more than one's kin would do! But.. he is my kin!

"Soldiers, Turn!" I hear Allencourt shout.

"Grace, come with me." Prince Daniel calls me.

And I see the guards as well as the chariot leaving. What is going on?

"Prince, they are returning!?"

"I know, I asked them to." He replies.

But why would he do so?