58

Daniel's P.O.V

"YOU ARE JUST A SHAMELESS SLUT!"

"FATHER!"

Daniel rushes to defend her Lady.

"HOW DARE YOU TALK TO GRACE LIKE THIS?!!"

"I'M ONLY SAYING THE TRUTH!!"

"NO!"

"You are going against your own Father for this mere peasant!!"

"NOT A SINGLE WORD AGAINST MY WIFE!"

Daniel stands in front of Grace; he shields her.

"My suspicion was right.. THIS GIRL IS MANIPULATING YOU!"

"ENOUGH YOUR MAJESTY!"

Daniel's tone shocks everyone present in the courtroom.

"I've had enough tolerating you, King Augustus Maguire!"

"DANIEL!?"

"LET ME TALK! On this Sun, I shall let out all this angst burning my heart for ages! Because on this Sun, you have crossed your limits!"

"DANIEL MAGUIRE! DON'T FORGET THAT I'M YOUR FATHER-"

"FATHER? huh. I AM ASHAMED TO EVEN CALL A MAN LIKE YOU MY FATHER! At this moment! I shall speak to you on behalf of My Mother, My Lady and myself!"

"Daniel-" The Queen as usual tries to stop her son.

"No Mother! Do not stop me now!"

Grace, sobbing behind her Sire, is trying to take whatever happened in...

"All you've ever done is causing pain to others! Oh wait, let me correct myself. All you've ever done is causing pain to your OWNS!"

A ruthless King looks into my eyes with stupefaction. But I stick to my words and go on!

"Firstly, My Mother!"

The King abruptly turns around to look at His Queen and back to his Son.

"Have you ever thought of her feelings?! Have you ever wondered what must she be going through when you give all your attention to other women!?"

Queen Isolde bursts into tears.

"Did you ever imagine how does a Son feel to look at his helpless Mother who despite being a Queen... HAS ONLY AND ONLY SORROW!?"

Despite panting with anger, Daniel keeps going.

"All those families you've ruined!! Is doing so the duty of a King!? Isn't a true King supposed to PROTECT his people..?
All these women you torture every Sun... DO YOU FIND THAT JUST!?"

Daniel slowly turns around, looks at the withered pale face of his beloved and wipes her tears.

"When I think My Lady would have suffered the same fate as them... my heart aches!"

"DANIEL! Can't you see that you are under the influence of this girl! She had allured you before your union to benefit from Royalty!"

"I LIED!" I shout.

"What..? What do you mean..?"

"I never did anything to her before our union! I united with her to simply save her.. FROM YOU!"

Matthew's P.O.V

"Greetings Sir Allencourt, what's the position on this Sun?"

"Greetings. Nothing much is going on. Just the regular patrolling."