59

Grace's P.O.V

"Maisie! Take all the maids to safer places inside the palace!"

"I can't understand why is this happening!" Mother says...

"Me neither.."

"No I mean, we do no have any enmity with any other Kingdom. The last time we faced such an attack was years ago.. but it was a declared attack. So we had time to prepare and ask for reinforcement from neighbouring Kingdoms and friends!"

"And what was the outcome...?"

"Fortunately we won.. but His Majesty lost his one and only brother. Who at that time was much younger than Him."

The King had a brother?

"Ever since, being a rather small Kingdom we had decided to be in good terms with others to avoid such a situation again! Our soldiers did go on wars! But as reinforcement for our friends' Kingdoms.."

"Ah.."

King Augustus' P.O.V

My own Son.. despises me.. My wife.. does not feel happy with me..?

IT'S ALL SINCE THE ARRIVAL OF THAT GIRL!

For the time being I should take my friends to safety as soon as possible.

"Arlington! We are under an attack! We have to go-"

"I know."

He knows?

"Because.."

King Augustus' "friend" out of the blue turns around with a sword in his strong grip and driving the blade towards Grimwood's Ruler with a powerful thrust, stabs the King in his stomach!

".. I MADE THIS ATTACK ON YOUR KINGDOM!"

King Augustus bawls in pain!

"You- you have- ahg- YOU HAVE DECEIVED ME!"

"Oh really? What about when.. YOU MADE ME DISOWN MY KIDS? Wasn't that... DECEPTION!?"

"You- you know damn well- that- that it was your children's mistake!"

"Shut! Your mouth. What did my kids do wrong? Huh??"

FLASHBACK

What is all this noise outside?

"Father!"

"Valeria?"

"Brother.. Brother has kidnapped Lady Grace!"

"WHAT!? IS HE OUT OF HIS MIND!?"

"No Father! He loves her! But more importantly.. He did this for my happiness!"

"What do you mean!?"

"I.. I was in love with Prince Daniel!"

"WHAT!?"

"Yes! You heard me right.. But-" my daughter seems so sad..

"He deceived me! He had promised me that he would be my side for the rest of our lives!"

Valeria starts narrating her Father everything. From her love for the young Prince to her deception! But she twists some of the facts making her appear as a victim.

"Prince Daniel played with my emotions... I was on the verge of ending my life.. When none other than Brother saved me!"

"Oh dear.. why didn't you consider talking to me first!"