16

Grace's P.O.V

Is that hare meat? The meal is always luxurious here but hare meat has proven ominous to me. I can't believe I'm once again eating the same thing that separated me from my family...

After the meal I sit back and recall my home, my friends, my parents...

"Why is it so that whenever I come to see you, you're always sad...?" The Prince startles me, once again.

"May I know why you have tears in your eyes this time?"

"Tears?"

"Uhmm..." He takes a pause and then places his finger below his eye and swipes it down his cheek to represent the water flowing out of my eyes.

"Ohh water... excuse me... uh I've never been educated you know.. I didn't know how they're called.."

"Are you kidding me? Your knowledge of words is astonishingly good! I mean compared to other villagers... I wonder how come you didn't know the word tears." Prince Daniel replies me in a shock.

"Actually, my Father's friend, Sir Brock used to teach the art of speaking in a nearby village. However, the place was completely destroyed in a horrible fire."

"Ahh that is devastating..."

"He and his family then took refuge in Grimwood when I think your Grandfather was the Ruler. I've spent most of my childhood at his place. He therefore used to teach us, Matthew and I, this art of language."

"Matthew?"

"His son. My childhood friend who is now the commander general of Dragonshore's kingdom."

"Ahh, that's marvellous! I wonder how come your Father's friend never taught you the word tear... But forget about the word, why are you sorrowful this moon..?"

I look down, tightly close my eyes and say:
"I'm really missing my parents, my home and everything that I will probably never see again..."

"heyy... don't be upset.. Now that you have me as your friend, I shall make sure that you regain your happiness!" The Prince cheers me up.

Friend.. I don't deserve such a notable position... I'm simply a poor low class girl.

"All I can say is that I'm indebted to you. You have no knowledge of the significance my freedom holds for me. May the universe bless you with supreme happiness!" I say wholeheartedly.

"Thank you for such warm words. Now let's talk about the plan before the sun rises!"

"Sure." I reply.

"I've been thinking about this the whole sunset. Don't worry about the guards, I know who can help me to distract them! But then, I shall get Thunder waiting for us at the horse track which is not too far from here."

"Ahaan"

"We shall reach the track on feet after which Thunder will get us out of Grimwood."

"Ahh"

Is he really doing all this for me?! How fortunate is Grimwood that this man will be taking care of it one sun.

Coming up

"Is that a stranger chariot?" I say to myself as I walk by the back corridor from Grace's room to the main building of the castle.

I immediately head to the direction from where I saw that chariot.

Dressed in a gorgeous, expensively embellished, pink gown, comes out of the chariot a very well known young girl...

"Valeria"