63

Daniel's P.O.V

The young Prince's sight is caught by the approaching menace. The huge mass of armoured soldiers on dark horses look like a huge thunderstorm nearing in the snowy weather.

Take a deep breath Daniel! You can do this! Think about your home! Think about your loved ones.. Mother and most importantly.. Grace. Your life has just begun with her! This cannot end here! THIS WILL NOT END HERE!

Daniel, mounted on Thunder, draws out his silver sword from it's black leather scabbard while holding his tiger face carved shield in his left arm.

"Guards! It is time! ATTACK!!"

Daniel and his guards charge towards half of that of Leo and half of Valeria's troop.

In a matter of an eye-blink the territory turns into a battlefield. All one can hear is clashing of metals: sword to sword or sword to shield, and cries... Cries of pain, Cries of anger, Cries of death...

Daniel one after the other slashes the enemy soldiers. Piles of dead and injured bodies fall over the reddish pink snow.

Matthew's P.O.V

It seems like the time has come.

"SOLDIERS! SEMI-CIRCLE POSITION!"

You do not attack my Kingdom this easily! You will regret this whoever you are!!

"CHARGE!!!"

Many of Grimwood's soldiers come flying off their horses. Yet, they get up and strike the enemies' stallions to prevent them reach the castle! Each one of them is having to handle more than 1 soldier being the minority in amount...

Wait.. these are.. NO WAY!

THESE ARE MY SOLDIERS! So does that mean.. the Kingdom attacking Grimwood is.. DRAGONSHORE!??

Matthew is caught off-guard by a strike which he manages to dodge only to see the face of a friend... another of the 4 commander generals of Dragonshore.

"Brock!?"

"Bane!! What are you doing here!?"

"What am I doing here?? Why are you fighting for the enemy!"

"Grimwood is not our enemy!! It's my Motherland! Stop the attack!!"

"You know well that there's nothing I can do when we're ordered to attack!"

"Why don't you understand?! This Kingdom is our friend darn it!!"

"I.. I'm helpless friend! There's nothing I can do in this situation! Give me way and be by our side, this is what you should be doing!"

"I'm afraid you'll have to fight me to get through, Bane!"

"Don't force me to do this Brock!"

"I do not have any other choice!"

"Alright! If that's what you wish!" He shouts aiming for my neck! But I manage to parry this hit as well.

The two friends get into a ferocious sword fight. This was indeed going to cost one of them their life...

Leo's P.O.V

"Get out of my way!" I yell slitting a guard.

That's.. Allencourt! Ughh my soldiers are enough for him! I need to find Maguire! That bastard's going to lament everything he did to me!!

C'mon Maguire! Where the heck are you!!

"Looking for someone, Quentin?!"

Here you are, you scoundrel!