M. Prince x F. Bastard (Part 3)

Começar do início

No one had anticipated he would be successful in dominating the holy sword. Yet, he, the "saint" of his people, placed his hands on it and lifted it into the air, a sparkling light blinding the audience for a bit. When their vision cleared, there stood Savino, the brunette chuckling under his breath before giving another greed-filled look at (Y/n). She was completely in awe, following suit as everyone began to bow. It didn't matter if it was his father or other kings of foreign nations. They all got on their hands and knees and regarded him as a hero sent from the gods.

From that point on, he had the older girl on his arm at all times. When everyone began to present him gifts at his celebratory ball held in the imperial palace, he waited patiently for her surprise. He held great expectations for his precious writer, so he hoped she wouldn't disappoint. And, indeed, she didn't. When it had all ended, she had given him the book she kept close to her heart at all times. It was on the verge of falling apart, but with the help of sorcerers, he reinstated it to its peak form, surprising even her. She had even given him a kiss on the cheek as "congratulations". Although he knew full well it was because she had fallen for him. It had all come together perfectly for him. Well, almost perfectly. One thing still plagued him even when he turned twenty-two.

Sitting in his study, feet placed on his mahogany table, his main aide stood while the brunette glared at the holy sword leaning against the wall. The young man to his side had advanced from one of the youngest knights in the royal guard to become such a figure. After all, Savino wouldn't accept anything less than perfection. Suffice it was to say that his aide had become a trusted figure in his life. He always knew what his master was thinking, and would often propose a solution to any of his problems if he didn't come up with it first.

"Does it still burn you, highness?" he questioned, watching as his master growled and snatched the thing.

The holy sword was the most perfect sword the brunette could have ever wielded. It matched his build, was perfectly balanced and sharp, and possessed special powers. To its true owner, it would heal anything from a stab wound to poison. Not only that, but it was what made the (h/c) haired girl firmly attached to him. The title of "holy knight" given to him because of the sword was something she was drawn to. The sign of purity and kindness was what she wanted most in a romantic partner. The issue was that it never did acknowledge the prince as its master.

Savino grabbed onto the sword with his gloved hand, his aide marveling at its shining splendor. However, not long after, it began to spark red electricity, the prince wincing at the unbelievable pain it caused him before dropping it entirely. Bleeding and scarring appeared on his hand as he removed his glove. It was only lucky for him that he had access to rare healing potions to erase them from his form. Hideous impurities like that would have deterred the older girl from him. His aide lowered his head, wondering what was to be done about the issue.

"The gloves aren't even working anymore!" the brunette howled, throwing both to the opposite side of the room, "At this rate, I won't be able to take it out on the hunt next week! Oh, (Y/n)'s going to ask questions! Then she'll know! She'll hate me and run away and dammit!"

"What about the high priest? He should be able to enchant some more with holy power."

"I killed him a while ago. He kept bothering me, telling me that the gods still loved me or whatever. Patronizing bitch."

In truth, the brunette had never earned the holy sword's blessing. Rather, when realizing what it would bring to him, he had planned to stage it all. Abducting the high priest that informed him of the opportunity, he had him put holy power into gloves and a belt. It would stop the painful shocks of the holy sword in addition to some enchants he had witches and sorcerers place on them. Then he had the latter put on a spectacle when he picked the sword up for the first time by using light magic. He had never thought the holy blessing would run out. Then again, it may have simply been because he killed the priest that had been supporting its power.