(Primary) Elemental Series: M. ??? x F. ???

I'm sure many of you have noticed that this is a fifth installation of the primary elemental series. We've done fire, earth, water, and air, the typical variations of elements; however, this one is a bit special. Aether is going to have two parts, and, much like the Psychologist's Entry, where the character's name and mythical species are kept a secret, this one will be too.

The reason for this is that it corresponds to a certain character (or more than one) in the Insatiable series. Besides the Psychologist's Entry and the aether elemental in this one-shot, there will be one more - the ice elemental. So, in order to figure out some characters' identities before it's time for them to be revealed, I'd pay close attention to these three, in particular. That doesn't mean that other characters and their identities aren't in this book, however. Hints are everywhere.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A male laid down on a lavish bed with embroidered sheets and a plush duvet enveloping his rapidly heating form. He was quite ill, suffering from something that was beyond his control. His frail form didn't help him fight it off either, his eyebrows twitching when his subconscious registered the pain of the ailment. The male groaned in pain with the high fever he had as well as the sharp sting of when he tried to move his limbs.

Others watched on in either concern or frustration though some just held pure boredom on their faces. Besides the male laying on the bed, three others accompanied him while a woman gave a sneer at the sight. She was clearly not amused at his illness nor at the way the others appeared. Only one of them seemed to truly care, the other two either filled with contempt at the attention he received or irritated that his treat might have been in the process of dying.

"Well, you always knew this would happen," the latter hummed, poking the suffering male in the neck before pulling his hand back at the burning sensation, "At least there's a cure for it."

"It's not something I'm willing to give," the woman growled.

"Then you'll lose out on your prized possession," the former scoffed, "Fine by me."

"How much was he again? Even if he cost a pretty penny, I can always find another."

"Another pureblood?" the other male sighed, attempting to stir some sympathy or care for the sick male, "How many of those exist in the world again? And how many out of those are available for purchase, let alone males?"

The woman scoffed and turned her back with great frustration. Despite how irritating the whole situation was, the male was more than just valuable. It wouldn't be easy to find another with his pedigree, and even harder to find one that someone would be willing to part with. Thus, she began to dial on her cellphone as one of the males became a little grabby. She treated him like a pet, rubbing his head as he purred, only to push him away when he reached too far.

"Run the match."

. . .

Spirits and other mystical beings were plentiful. They could be something entirely different from a human being or they could blend in. It all depended on the type. Those that had more power or a purer bloodline resided in the spirit capital, nustled in another dimension away from human eyes. However, (Y/n) was not considered one of them. She was well aware she had a bloodline that many coveted, but she wasn't considered pure enough.

So she resided among humans and others like her with diminished bloodlines of prominent spirits. It was typically easy to distinguish who was who, and she was always wary of those like her. After all, her kind was one in which other spirits sought either to eat or to bear children with. It was one of the reasons her kind was typically far from pure, their ancient roots long gone.