M. War Hero x F. Marquess

"Oh my, are you certain it is really alright for me to have something so precious as this?" a worried countess questioned, holding a crystal music box in her hands with a worried expression.

"Why, please, do take it," a (h/c) haired girl hummed, brushing aside a tear that formed at her right eye's corner, "I'll be so disheartened if you've viewed my gift as insufficient. If you'd like, I will search tirelessly for a gift that better fits your ladyship. I had just thought...that you would enjoy something so unique. But, as I thought, the viscountess is a noble and pristine lady who has likely seen many of these treasures before. Please forgive my failings in my courtesy."

The young lady bowed at the waist, lifting up her skirt to further show her apologies. However, the woman she addressed was very much flustered by the attention she received from the noblewoman that ranked higher than her. Other ladies at the tea party looked on in shock, waving their fans quickly as they murmured to one another. It seems that the countess had unintentionally refused the utter kindness of the young marquess, so much so that she was on the brink of tears.

"No, my lady! I absolutely adore such a gift! You are so kind to gift me such a beautiful object! I just felt that it was so stunning that I couldn't possibly think to take this away from you!"

"Ah, does the countess truly enjoy my gift?"

"Yes, my lady! I will treasure it for all eternity and only ever put my finest jewels in this box!"

The (h/c) haired marquess clapped her hands together and gave an appreciative smile, almost watering up at the enjoyment the countess had towards her gift. She was then quickly hugged by the lady, the both of them truly appreciative of the other. As if to exhibit the countess's adoration for the kind young lady, she sat her down with the other noble ladies and began discussing the things she had seen as of late. The conversation was exciting and not at all dull, everyone looking to speak with the marquess. She was the center of all attention.

"You are so kind, my lady!" the daughter of a baron giggled, eagerly holding onto the young lady's hand, "To show such generosity to lower ranks! You must be an angel!"

The marquess blushed, covering her face with her fan, something that proved to be immensely adorable to the other ladies. They squealed at her bashful nature and remarked that she was sure to be the eye of all the gentleman when she had her official debut. There was even talk that the crown prince himself would even go to war to have her hand for himself. Again, the young lady blushed in embarrassment.

The ladies continued to compliment their angelic marquess, smothering her with attention and affection, but they didn't realize there was a young man watching their occasion with great interest. The man held his eyes firmly on the (h/c) haired girl, his arms crossed against his chest as he leaned against a tree's trunk. A small grin stretched the corner of his lip up as he watched her pointedly, his eyes unwavering with their staring.

"Don't you think you ought to approach her?" a close friend of his shrugged, giving an unimpressed and lazy expression as he tried to fight off the boredom, "If you're gonna stare at her this much, anyway."

"He's got a point, Erebus. If you just grab your balls and go fucking talk to her, she'd be delighted."

The black-haired male ignored the two. In fact, he probably didn't hear what they spoke about, more focused on his observation. His focused gaze seemed to give off the message to the other two that he wasn't interested in them at all, so they obediently shut their traps and grumbled on their own. Or so they had thought, but the more they waited, the more irritated the waiting became, especially when night approached.

"I'm gonna die of boredom if this keeps up."

"Then die," the ravenette snapped, narrowing his eyes while reaching for his sword.

Call Me Yours (Yandere x Reader Oneshots)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें