M. Gymnast x F. Prodigy

Soma washed his face, looking up in the mirror with determined eyes, sparkling from hope and nervousness. In order to start the day off with utter focus, the male took his hands and clapped them on his cheeks. When he put them back down again, there were visible - but light - marks on his otherwise healthy skin. He shook his head and exhaled with a twinge of fear, his heart beating from the excitement of the occasion.

"Just wait, (Y/n)! I'm coming!"

With joyful and somewhat small and rushed steps, the male rushed out of the washroom, resisting the urge to jump in the air. He grabbed his bag, throwing it over his shoulders, and took shaky breaths, a wide smile on his face. That was the day he would finally meet his idol, and he couldn't stop moving around with glee. Squirming, fidgeting, and tossing around, he attempted to relax, only to work himself up even further.

He had been watching the (h/c) haired girl ever since he learned to speak. She was astonishing, and never let anyone take their eyes off of her. When his parents put her performances on the television, he couldn't help but sit right in front of the screen and glisten. A prodigy, she was always the epitome of talent and skill, beautifully performing the highest levels of difficulty at such a young age.

Even if he hadn't been interested in gymnastics before seeing her, it felt like something set off in his heart. He finally knew the route his life was supposed to take. To meet her and be able to stand in front of her, he needed to dedicate everything he was to his skill. Years had been spent training and enhancing his ability to perform in competitions, and the time had finally arrived to see the result of it all.

The blonde rushed into the competition hall, dressing himself quickly. He then began to stretch with the other participants, watching closely to see what flexibility they had. While most didn't bother him, there were obviously some talented individuals. After all, the competition was the largest one in the nation. Everyone wanted their shot for the popularity and respect it came with, but not everyone would be able to claim it as theirs. After all, the one winning would be the one going to the Olympics to represent their country.

"I'm damn nervous," one of the participants shook, their voice getting caught in their throat, "(Y/n)'s going to be judging, and we know how harsh she can be."

"It's not like it's impossible," another hummed, "If you impress her, you'll be a shoo-in for the Olympics. You'll probably even win it. Imagine it!"

The blonde took in a deep breath, his heart pounding in his chest. Throughout his last few competitions, he had been moving his way through local, district, regional, and even larger fights. He had come out on top the entire way there as everyone else had done to get there with him. They were the best in their country, but he wanted to stand on top. The (h/c) haired girl was competing for the girls. That much was given. She won everything she was ever in, after all.

Still, the thought he could be the one performing with her, wearing the same jacket, even getting the same opportunity to be number one in the world with her...he wanted it so badly. He would sit next to her, eat with her, be in the same hotel room. He wanted it more than anything else! In fact, he had been training his entire life for the opportunity to have it. No way was he going to let someone else rip it away from him.

"You know, these days, people are getting enormous amounts of money for winning medals. I've heard they give so much to the people qualifying for their nation."

"Obviously. The best deserve the best."

"Well, yeah, but this year, there's something else, too. I heard (Y/n)'s giving out lessons to the winner. Probably doesn't want to look bad that her male gymnastics might lose in the Olympics."