M. Child x F. Pixie Reader

There was one mistake that a young pixie made. That was being too curious, but it wasn't as if she could help it. The young girl had only just figured out to use those wings of hers, and soaring through the air was so very fun. Up until then, she had been unable to traverse the trees in which she and her community resided. The faintly glowing flowers they slept in were comfortable and the branches their markets rested on were wonderful and all, but she had never set foot off of the large tree.

That being said, once she was able to fly, she couldn't stop, enthusiastic about seeing as much as she could. Warned not to go too far, the younger girl's community attempted to protect their wellbeing, but she was a troublemaker. Somewhere along the line, she couldn't resist and ended up gazing at a human city from the top of the tree. It fascinated her to a point where she couldn't bear to not see it up close.

As such, she snuck away as quietly as she could, flying towards that concrete jungle. She expected it would be as peaceful as her home, but she was wrong. When she first entered the city, she was greeted by the frighteningly loud barking of a wolf-like creature. Panicked, the younger girl bolted away, beginning to hear the mechanical noises of every car, house, and whatever else. Eventually, in her fear, she ran into something large, trembling with tears in her eyes.

There was a large male in front of her, but he looked just barely older than she was, a young human boy. He gave a curious expression before his brown eyes lit up, his golden hair moving just slightly at his surprise. The young pixie cried, wondering if the giant was going to eat her. However, he only gave a concerned look, holding out his hands as she stopped flying, watching her rest on his hands, sitting on her knees as she bawled.

Looking from left to right, the male closed his hands, keeping the young creature trapped. He then rushed towards the park, hiding behind a nearby bush before he opened his cupped hands, gazing at the frightened smaller girl with a wide smile. The male then felt terrible for scaring the small thing so much, panicking over how to cheer her up. He rummaged through his school backpack, pulling out his bento for the day. Food was bound to make her happy, right?

"A-Are you hungry?" he asked, "I ate most of everything at lunch, but you can have the rest if you want."

The pixie's eyes lit up, the tears ceasing to flow from her eyes. Her small wings twitched at the sound of a delicious meal and when he handed her a small raspberry, she gratefully accepted it. It wasn't much smaller than she was, making it a feast of massive proportions of her. She, herself, wasn't taller than two inches, most likely why the male was so fascinated with her. It wasn't as if pixies trusted humans enough to intentionally reveal themself to the giants. That being said, hers was a special circumstance.

The male took delight in watching her munch on the small fruit. His cheeks turned pink in fascination, tilting his head to get a look at her. He even reached his finger forward to rub the top of her head, watching as the gentlest of movements move her head around so effectively. Her hair was soft, surprising him greatly, and while he wanted to touch her wings, he figured they must have been like a butterfly's. He might have hurt her and destroyed them if he did something so selfish.

"What are you doing here?" the blonde questioned, wanting to know if there were more of the girl's kind.

"I got lost..."

The pixie sniffled, breaking the male's heart. It was like hearing a kitten whine, the sight adorable but saddening. As the boy looked up at the sky, he noted that it was becoming unseasonably dark. With concern for the pixie not being able to get home in time, he decided on taking her to his home. He didn't bring it up to her as she was focused on the sweet raspberry, taking it upon himself to keep her safe from any night creatures that wanted to eat her.