(Primary) Elemental Series: M. Golem x F. Witch

A (h/c) haired girl stood over a cauldron, uncertain whether she would be successful in her attempts or revel in failure. Certainly, it could have gone either way, but her nerves didn't cease to fade in that realization. Her eye twitched with slight fear, hoping with all of her heart something would result from her hard work. That being said, she wasn't the most gifted in the art of magic, meaning it was unlikely she would be rewarded with what she intended to make.

She held her breath with anticipation as she pulled the chain up, revealing a glimmering jewel. The ruby shimmered as the light hit in, the inscription having been carved by her clumsy but focused form. As it pulsed slightly like a heart beating, she smiled. That was a good sign. Wearing it around her neck, she traveled over to the clay being she had been sculpting. The thing was incomplete, but it had her blood, sweat, and tears. She put everything into it that she could, giving one hundred and ten percent.

Petting its lifeless head, the girl draped the heart-shaped gem over his shoulders. Although he was small, perhaps the size of a small vase, he would inevitably grow almost uncontrollably. By a month, he should be full-grown, and at that point, (Y/n) would know if she succeeded or not in her endeavors. It would have been nice to have someone to help her with her clumsy nature. Of course, a heavy rock golem was hardly light on its toes, but it was something, and something was surely what she needed.

The ruby fused itself into the clay's chest slightly off-center, but nothing too noticeable or bothering. The chain then broke away from the gem and began tightening itself around the clay sculpture's neck, forming a collar. It was nothing fancy, not like the diamond or sapphire golems she had seen others have. There was no need to brag about acquiring such materialistic things. As long as the golem could keep her company and help with minor tasks, that was all she asked.

Leaning her head against the gem, the younger girl listened closely for a heartbeat. It was obviously artificial, but it was faint. However, it was the closest she had gotten to acquiring a golem of her own, a rite of passage for some, depending on whom they descended from. Continuing to sculpt the facial features of the being, she took comfort in the way the face came along.

It was far what it would look like when it grew, but as a supposed newborn, it was perfectly fine. Nature would take its course in shaping its inevitable form. She could only hope that it didn't frighten her. As clumsy as she was, if the golem ended up terrifyingly eerie, she would have tripped over her own feet at the sight of it, and that wasn't very well what she wanted. Not in the slightest.

It took seven days to completely carve the being to her liking and another two for it to dry. At that point, she rushed out of her cottage and stared at the small cracks forming in the clay. Her eyes shimmered as it broke apart, the clay shattering on impact once it touched the ground. It left a small child-like being in its way, the sight of it exactly what she had imagined. Across his chest were inscriptions to help him with simple magic. Nothing too much, just a bit of levitation and wards.

She took the small thing in her arms, nuzzling it gently. By that time tomorrow, he would have been somewhat of a toddler. While able to perform simple tasks, he would still be short, but she couldn't help but adore him instantly. He was not at all warm, his tanned skin cold to the touch as rock tended to be and his heartbeat was that of pulsing magic made artificially. The small thing wasn't even classified as being alive, simply an imbuement of magic that she had created. And yet she loved it all the same.

"What is my name?" a voice rang, one that spoke telepathically to the young witch.

"Lacri. Your name is Lacri."

The inscriptions on the small golem's chest glowed a light blue color, some of the enchantments shifting to form a seal. The child then closed its eyes, fading into a sleep to put its energy into growing. Most left theirs to grow while they tended to more important matters, but even if she wanted to, she couldn't tear herself away from him. He was precious to her, more so than she imagined he would be.