27: Who?

The chilly breeze of New York morning air awoke me. Still feeling a little sleepy, I force myself up to put on some decent clothes so I could go buy the stuff we were to use and eat for the picnic today. It must have snowed a little last night because the ground was wet and the pavement was glowing.

"I'm pretty sure something's open at this hour." I whisper to myself, scanning the already busy streets of Times Square. I walk pass people who brisk walk with a coffee on either hand, probably off to work. I text Kim Jong In some good morning message and told him that I was excited for today.

"Maybe I'll cook some spaghetti and then buy some fried chicken." I tell myself as I form a mental checklist on what to buy. After a few blocks, I finally find a grocery store. I grabbed some pasta, spaghetti sauce, and a couple of meatball pieces. I also bought a medium sized blanket to sit on and a picnic basket for it to look like it was really a picnic. I decided to take a cab to the Korea Town here in New York just to buy fried chicken. It was kind of far, maybe 10 blocks if you turn to 5th Avenue and walk going South. I found a decent fried chicken restaurant and bought also for Ella and Travis. It was 9:26 when I arrived back at the hotel. Our hotel room had a kitchen so I immediately started boiling water for the pasta. The clanking of the pans probably woke Ella and Travis up because they simultaneously entered the kitchen.

"Good morning." Ella says as she rubs her eyes open. She sneezes four times. She usually sneezes once every morning and I chuckle as she exceeds her morning sneeze routine.

"Good morning." Travis says next.

"Good morning, guys! I brought some fried chicken for you guys and I'm cooking spaghetti with meatballs, if you guys could just sit down and wait for this to finish." I tell them as I start cooking the sauce. It wasn't much of a cooking since the sauce tasted good already so I just added some extra ingredient and let it boil. Travis and Ella plopped down on the sofa and slept again. After I prepared everything on the table for them and put on the necessary things inside the picnic basket, I woke them up.

"Brunch is ready." I whisper to both of them as they stretch their arms.

"Thanks, Aria." Travis smiles even with his half-closed eyes.

"Yeah, thanks." Ella seconds.

"I'll be leaving. You guys are going to Central Park too, right?" I ask.

"Yeah, after we get ready. We'll meet you there." Ella answers.

"I'll be waiting for you two, okay?", they both nod as they start munching on the food and I leave quietly.

I took a cab going to Central Park because it was too distant from Times Square. I could have walked but then Jong In and I agreed to meet at 11 and it was already 10:40 on my clock so I had to take a cab. By the time I arrive at the park, it was almost 11. I walk towards the zoo and the trees and how they constructed the park was too beautiful. There are benches on the side that had little silver rectangular-shaped metals with dedications and quotes and some were dated 10 years ago, some were just a few months ago. There was even a bench with a message saying, "Whoever sits on this bench... Enjoy the scene as much as we did during our 45 years together. -D. Davies & J. Weeden" and it was too heart-warming that I sat on the bench and appreciated the view for a little while. My mind was enchanted by the beauty of the park even when the trees didn't have leaves because it was winter. How will Jong In and I be able to have a picnic here anyway? The bench was actually cold and the ground may be too wet and cold to sit on. Maybe we'll just settle on some bench since we could cover its coldness with a blanket. Where is he anyway? There weren't much people inside the zoo, maybe because most of the animals hibernate during the winter season. I sit on a bench that has the perfect angle to see the walkways on both sides of the park. It was already 11:10 in my clock but still no sign of him. He wouldn't ditch me again, right? I'm thinking maybe he's lost his way or he didn't know how to get to the zoo. After all, Central Park is such a huge park. As I wait, I text Travis and ask him what time they'll be going here and told them where I was. I check the picnic basket and tried to hold the prepared dishes to see if it was still hot. I have also prepared mushroom soup and hot black tea to suit the weather. Two hours passed and still no sign of Jong in... Again. He wouldn't have scheduled today if he wouldn't be able to come right? I never knew dating him would involve this kind of waiting. Heck, no dating should involve this kind of waiting. If you can't come, then just text me so I wouldn't wait for hours for you to show up. Annoyed, I tried calling him but his phone was off.