Chapter Fifty-Four

Start from the beginning

You laughed when he immediately shook his head pretending to be shocked, "Don't threaten me, baby..... It's not nice." He placed both elbows on the table resting his chin on his hands looking at you under his growing raven hair. 

You were about to say something when Jungkook's phone vibrated. You watched his eyes shift your yours to the phone placed on the left side of the table. "Excuse me, one second.." He smiled when you nodded. It was a simple gesture and the bare minimum but your heart softened when he excused you before holding his hand to check who texted him. Well...... everything he does awakens the butterflies in not just your stomach but your whole body. 

'He's so hot'

He is. You agreed. 

"It's Taehyung, he said he'll meet us at the DA office in an hour," Jungkook informed you before placing down the phone to its previous spot again. 

You nodded. The mention of Taehyung and the DA brought work to your mind, "Oh! I remembered...... I have to ask you something." You cleared your throat trying to put on the best poker face you could do. 

"Yeah?" Curious, he bite the corner of his lip and asked.

You tucked a bit of stray hair behind your ear and finally allowed yourself to taste the cheesecake. You chewed the small piece then looked at him again, "I happened to know your grandfather is like....... opening a new hotel in Seoul or something." 

Jungkook stretched his back and leaned against the seat uncomfortably, his jaw tightening slightly, he fixed his eyes on you.  "Yes, .... and no Y/N, you can't come." 

You rolled your eyes. Fuck, I take it back, he is not stupid. "W-Why not? who else are you taking?" You raised an eyebrow and pretended to be clueless. "Aren't those occasions require you to bring a date?"

He licked his lip and smiled, shaking his head. "No, No........ don't, lying isn't your thing." He laughed when you sighed, giving up your failed attempt to get an invitation to the party without him knowing the reason. "I would definitely ask you to be my date if I didn't know you better." He also sighed and looked down at his coffee, the man knew exactly why you wanted to come and he doesn't like the idea, at all. 

"Listen Jungkook, I told you many times, the title of a 'suicidal maniac' is yours." You said, "My life is precious to me, I won't do anything crazy......... I will just stay by your side and keep an eye on a few people. I promise I will call Taehyung if I noticed something wrong." You explained your point of view. 

Jungkook held the coffee cut tightly, "You think that bastard will be there?" He asked.

You nodded, "It will be the best and probably the only opportunity we'll have. Some people who were at the book launch will be invited to your grandfather's party, so....."

He blinked, "You already know who will be invited?" He cocked his head to the side and asked. Biting your lips, you shamelessly nodded. He laughed, "Damn baby, you do work fast." 

"So?" You smiled at him, looking at him with soft eyes. "It won't be suspicious since I was already seen with you at the yacht party...........  Please?"

His heart jumped off his chest when you said that. He could never get bored when with you, you always surprise him with a new side more beautiful than the other. He knew it's over for him, you already have him under your palms. He sighed, "Fine, but you aren't leaving my side." 

You smiled. "I love you!" You whispered, immediately receiving a shy smile from him and an I love you too

.