Chapter Forty - Six

Chapter Forty - Six,

"Let's see here........." It was around 7 PM when you typed on the keyboard searching for some more information about the new case you started this morning.

So far, you closed about 12. 8 left and the chief will move you out from Taehyung's team.

You don't remember working that much before, you feel like you'll pass out any second but it was the only thing you could do, or else you could have lost your mind.

You weren't eating well but didn't feel hungry, you wanted to sleep but couldn't. You needed every second to work and every second to try and forget everything.

 Each case is different ..... Some took a few hours and some took a whole day. You promised the chief 20 cases so......... You were stupid not gonna lie, 20 cases in a week was a lot even for you.

Good thing those cases were investigated so you didn't have to walk outside of your house to find clues. Everything was written, you just needed to carefully find more on the pictures of the crime scenes as well as interrogate who you thought had something to do with a case through a video call.

For example, the one you are working on now was a bit different....... Difficult if you were to confess. There wasn't that much of information on the reports nor the internet even though you have been searching all day.

It's a case of 12 people being murdered earlier this year. There was no suspect, the victims had no connection to each other, just random people of different ages and sex being killed, stabbed 12 times with a knife, their body being found dead after 12 days of being missing.

"12 people, stabbed 12 times......Missing for 12 days............... 12 ha?" You breathed. The detectives at the time listed the case as a series of unfortunate homicides by one killer, the pattern, the way and the places of the stabbing were the same.

And after you checked the pictures, you agreed on this being a serial killer case.

It's scary that such a person wasn't cut yet. And as far as you know those cases were just thrown aside for being difficult. You were a little mad that the police just gave up, you weren't even informed about them. 

So.......... If you didn't ask to have the most difficult ones, those 12 people you helped arrest would have been walking outside among us. 

Stupid. 

"Humm looks like the media didn't cover the case as well........Our psychopath friend must have been crazy mad about this." You told yourself, usually, psychopaths and serial killers don't have a grudge nor connection to their victims, being blood trusty and attention-seeking people they just choose randomly and enjoy the panic and attention they receive from the public but in this case........ There was almost zero media coverage. The police probably didn't want to cause a public panic but........... How did the person react