Chapter 21

You struggle against the restraints, hissing in pain as the rope holds you down. Scarlette stands before you and seems to asses you.

'I'm surprised you came here alone'.

She looked over her shoulder, 'I'm guessing there's someone who was out there? If there is, then they're pretty lousy because they've let you get captured'.

'What did you say to my sisters?'

Sarah and Maia shifted uncomfortably and avoided your gaze. Scarlette smiled down at you, 'well, your parents had been under my wing for some time before they left. They weren't supposed to leave because they knew about Byronax and I couldn't have that'.

'So... You want all three of us back... As if we're a debt owed?'

Scarlette shrugged, 'well now that you say it that way, then yes, something like that', you couldn't believe what you were hearing. This grown woman was acting like a child. 
You and your sisters would have been happy together but this woman held an old grudge, she had torn one family apart.

'Fuck you!'

You yell at her and Scarlette sighed, 'we'll keep you here for as long as it takes, I know eventually you'll give in. You never give up, just like you survived that bombs back at The Continental, how's that holding up?'

'Well, everthing is fine, but there's now a big bounty over your head'.

You noticed that your words had caught her off gaurd, she hadn't thought about her actions and placed herself under danger. Danger that she would never get out of unless she was dead.
You weren't ready for the slap to the face and your head whisps to the side, your cheek is stinging.

'Don't try and push me, you're lucky that you're even alive!'

Everyone around you freezes when you hear a loud bang from above. Your heart is racing when you start to think about the ceiling collapsing. When you look up your heart rate increses when you notices cracks appear and you know that you're in trouble.

'Take cover!'

Hey! I'm tied up!

You throw yourself to the side, taking the chair with you as the ceiling breaks away and you're showered with rocks. You're damn lucky that you hadn't been crushed. Some others around you weren't so lucky.

'What on earth!?

You hear Scarlette scream as she struggled out from under some rocks, sadly she had survived.
You're still tied up but you're able to shake some rubble off.

'It's lovely to see you Scarlette, I didn't think I'd ever see you again'.

You watch from a far as Mr Jackson and Winston approach her. John and Marcus aren't far behind them which were quickly followed by mulitple hitmen and women. Scarlette was going in for a bumpy ride.
You're relieved when John spots you and he's quick to shove the rest of the rocks off of you and untie you before holding you close.

'This was a stupid idea'.

He whispers into your ear and you can't help but agree, you just escaped with your life.
Scarlette snarled at Mr Jackson, 'you're here once again to get in the way isn't that right Jackson?'
The man approached her slowly, 'I was aware of this little project you were talking about, I want to know more-'.

'You don't need to know anything'.

Mr Jackson sighed, 'you have a very big bounty over your head right now Scarlette and I think you should think carefully. You would be dead by now, but I want to know more about this creation... Otherwise'.

He pulls a pistol out and points it straight at her head and you see Scarlette tense. She had no choice, either she goes with Jackson and Winston or she dies.
You're not fast enough and you feel a bullet lodge straight into your arm and you scream out. John pulls you behind him and brings out his own gun, pointing it straight at Sarah. She was hurt, you could see that she had a chest wound. 

'Where's Maia?'

You call out but judging by the silence, you know the answer. Not everyone would have survived the blast, you were just goddamn lucky.

'Put the gun down'.

John says camly but you know Sarah, you know your big sister wouldn't listen. She would never listen to anyone.

'Sarah, listen to him'.

You say slowly because you don't want to trigger her, you didn't want her to shoot. 
She doesn't move from her spot, her gun is still trained on you, even though John is aiming for her.

'I said put the gun down'.

He says again and you see Sarah flinch but only slightly. You hiss in pain and try to stop the flow of blood from your wound, why the hell does it have to be me that gets shot?
You scream when there's a sudden gunshot and you look up to see Sarah still standing, but John had fired. He had disarmed her, he didn't shoot her

'The next bullet will be in your head if you don't listen to me'.

John says dangerously and Sarah looks at you for the first time in a while. You give her a look that basically tells her to stand down and give in.
Sarah closes her eyes and gets down on her knees, placing her hands up in a surrender. 
Whilst Johns' attention is on your sister, you return yours to Scarlette. Two hitmen had tied her up and escorted her through the rubble but Winston and Mr Jackson stayed behind. 

'We'll get that checked'.

Winston says as he helps you up, 'it doesn't look too bad', you try not to laugh at that comment.

'I'd say I'm not gonna lose my arm... Right?'

Winston sighs, 'maybe'.

'Wait what?'

Winston cracked a smile and you were tempted to curse at him, but now wasn't the time. You had to get out of here and get your arm treated before he became infected.