Chapter 14

You had gone to see James after you had that wonderful shower with John. You wanted to know more about Luna and more about your sisters even though it was like pulling teeth with him.
James sat quietly in front of you and you watched him carefully.

'What happened James?'

He was silent but his eyes met yours for a few moments as if he was searching for something. You didn't want anything other than the truth. If James had been here then you wanted to hear what he had to say without Winston int the room.

'He attacked me'.

You almost missed what James had said.

'Winston attacked you? What'd he do to you specifically?'

James was hesitant before he answered, 'the moment I stepped out of the hotel, I was ambushed... I knew this man and I knew that he had a close connection to Winston'.

'So... Who is it?'

James lowers his eyes to the ground, 'do you know a man named Tom... I use to call him-'.

'Old Tom?'

Jamess' heyes whipped back to yours and you felt a sudden pang of shock in your chest, 'what did Old Tom do to you?'

'He said he was doing this under the orders of Winston'.

But you don't know that...

You're still not sure about Old Tom attacking James, 'so... he said under the orders of Winston, so what did he do to you?'
James squirmed in his chair, 'he tortured me... He hurt me-', suddenly the doors behind you swing open and Marcus walks in. His eyes landing on you for a few moments, '(Y/N), come with me'.

'But-'.

'I said come with me'.

He repeats himself and this time you do as you say because Marcus hated asking once more. You leave James behind and follow Marcus.
When you reach the lobby Marcus turns to you though he's not angry... But you can tell that he's disappointed, 'what were you hoping to-'.

'It was Old Tom... James was attcked by Old-'.

'(Y/N) I-'.

'I guess I don't believe him straight away, but Tom had said to James-'.

Marcus suddenly grabbed your shoulder firmly, '(Y/N), I've taught you to be better than this! You don't even know if he's telling the truth!'

Oh yeah... Dumb move (Y/N).

You stay silent because you don't know what to say. A rookie mistake and it was all because of your stress levels. You were everywhere, a ticking time bomb and you were scared.
Marcus seemed to catch on to your stress and he loosened his grip on your shoulder, 'listen I- I don't know if you shoudl stay on this-'.

'That's not your call Marcus-'.

'It is and I think you know that'.

You pull away sharply, 'you do that then I'll sort this shit out myself and I'm pretty sure that's the last thing you want'.
Marcus glared at you, 'you're right that is the last thing I want and I suggest you watch what you say next'.
Your blood is pumping as you stare at Marcus, 'I really don't care right now Marcus, all of this means so much to me. How can you stand there and say all of those things!?'

'I'm not saying that I don't like what I'm saying or doing (Y/N), but it's the best option that we've been leaning towards the majority of the time'.

'And again! It's not your business in this matter!'

Marcus pinches the bridge of his nose, 'alright, that's it, you're not a part of this, you'll-'.

'Fuck you Marcus!' 

You go to leave when you notice a few men and women approach you, oh shit, you turn back to Marcus who looked far from pleased, 'you leave me no choice (Y/N), it's for the safety of you and the hotel'.

'Marcus you can't do this!'

He can but you just don't want to believe it.